Mr. Cornelius, so far I cannot tell. Tuesday last week, I gave the MA6500 to the authorized repair shop that does McIntosh repairs for Russia-distributor Absolute Audio. I was told the repair would take at least two weeks. The master there, by the way, was astonished to hear that I had received one year warranty only. "They used to do three years for McIntosh - that´s the norm". Whether Absolute Audio decided to economize on all customers or played a trick on me only , I do not know. Thursday morning last week, the same salesman and Absolute Audio-representative who had lied to me when selling the unit (named Albert of their sales shop Coliseum), and who had later explicitely told me I would have to repair the unit on my own cost, called me. He said that he had received an order "from the very top" of Absolute Audio - undoubtfully after a call from McIntosh - that they would now repair the unit on warranty, that he would instruct the repair shop to do so, and that he would get back to me after a few minutes with the details. That he did not do, nor on Thursday nor on Friday. When I called myself, I was told that Albert was not working now. As here in Russia May 1 until May 4 are public holidays, I did not have a chance to check with the repair shop or Absolute Audio. I thank you, Mr. Cornelius, for your work, although I do not understand why McIntosh could not notify me with a short e-mail about this new development. After the tricks Absolute Audio has played on me so far I will believe that they do what they promised to do now when I see it - that is, when I have received the unit repaired, without having paid, and when they have granted me, in writing, the three-year-warranty they promised me when I bought the unit. This is why I have not posted so far about a - maybe - good end to a bad story. I will certainly do so as soon as it has happened. In the place of McIntosh I would take out of this experience the lesson to oblige all distributors to oblige to minimum-standards, if only for the reasons Bill Allan has pointed out. The three-year-warranty McIntosh offers is a minimum anyway, I think. Let me in the meantime congratulate you to the TAS-review, as I share the musical joy, being a MC402 owner myself. As you can see from my posts on audioreview or the gon, I have continued to praise your products where it is due.
Florian Hassel