• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

McIntosh MC2500 - truly one of a kind....

Register to hide this ad
It's a nice amp, but for the asking price I'd much prefer an MC462 with warranty, bettter specs, and a faceplate that can be replaced. If I wait a little I could probably buy a pair of 452s. I mean it looks good, but not that good.

I guess if you're a big 2500 fan and must have a unique one this is your chance.
 
I can get a pair of MC601 or MC1000 for about the same price, no thank you...looks good though!
 
I am curious about this..I wonder if the mods were factory or aftermarket....I think the quotes want to lead you to believe it came from the factory that way but they don’t exactly say that......
 
I read it as mods done by a passionate fan; personally, I think it's gorgeous, just not in my market.
 
He could make a tidy profit just selling the glass panel to replace the original panel.
EDIT: Never mind, it's a one-off. I should have read the CL ad first.
 
I e mailed the seller.....
“Hi Ed,

It thought is was done post factory from the big cheeses but they are not certain. As it was South Bay it could of been done local. Unknown but so professional in it appearance”

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2020, at 12:28 PM, Ed <1e0c56610f2c3e7285d1c01f057e2ab0@reply.craigslist.org> wrote:


I’m not sure I’m reading this right...did it come from the factory with the glass front or is it an after market one of one mod?
Thanks,
Ed
 
So, if I get a custom glass face plate and shiney knobs fit on my McIntosh it’s worth $2000 more?

And it will sound better?

Since I don’t belong to the “more money than brains” clan, I just put this in the “dumb ass” category and move along.


I’m still wondering about McIntosh putting glass face plates on heavy blocks of iron.
 
Back
Top Bottom