• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

McIntosh product placement on "Elementary" last night

To just plow in and say its "overpriced status equipment" is definitely coming from someone who is ill informed, and clearly doesnt own any McIntosh.....

It's overpriced status equipment ...

AND I GOT MINE !! AHAHAHHAHAAAAAAA!! <G>

Daily driver since 1980ish ... a few pieces scattered amongst the rice blower stuff ...

QRX-Home-System.jpg


So, back to the topic. Any other guesses? Was I right? What's the prize? May I suggest some more overpriced status equipment? I have a list ...
 
It is great to see any audio gear shown on a TV show instead of an ipod or computer speakers. I immediately pointed the Mac gear out to my wife. She replied with why don't you buy you some. One day I will.
 
Watched it and saw the Macs..He must have had speakers because he played it loud to drown out the gun fire..LOL.:D
 
here is a screenshot that has the speakers in it, any ideas?

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Elementary.jpg
    Elementary.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 198
Pretty cool now that Fringe is over we need another show to look for stereo gear.I don't care much for the look of Mac gear but I KNOW IT'S HIGH QUALITY STUFF.
 
Sorry JJ I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.Just a quik sidebar,did you ever get a recording of your gig on South African radio?

oh you know I am just teasing.

they did send me a link to the south african podcast but I cant seem to get it to work from my home computer. let me try again and I will pm it to you. nevermind , I'll just post it and you can see if you can figure it out. maybe someone will be able to get it to work

this is what they sent me
http://t.co/8bTqleB9

the station is www.2oceansviberadio.com the DJ was Gary Cool, good luck

and sorry for the threadjack
 
I used to keep an eye out for the occasional gear shot on fringe, they were
usually a quick pan of a single TT or such.

With the one on Elementary, I immediately got the impression they had taken their
Q from past productions and progressed to actual product placement.

Not that I disagree in anyway, but it is interesting to see how a niche market
has become integrated into Television.
 
oh you know I am just teasing.

they did send me a link to the south african podcast but I cant seem to get it to work from my home computer. let me try again and I will pm it to you. nevermind , I'll just post it and you can see if you can figure it out. maybe someone will be able to get it to work

this is what they sent me
http://t.co/8bTqleB9

the station is www.2oceansviberadio.com the DJ was Gary Cool, good luck

and sorry for the threadjack

no dice:no:
 
Speakers on the TV show "Elementary"

After drooling over the rack of Mac gear Holmes was playing incredibly loud to drown out gun fire, there was a shot of floorstanding speakers in the corners of the room. They look exactly like Energy CF-70. Surprising choice with such high quality electronics. They probably sounded great with the Mac gear.

Lux
 
After drooling over the rack of Mac gear Holmes was playing incredibly loud to drown out gun fire, there was a shot of floorstanding speakers in the corners of the room. They look exactly like Energy CF-70. Surprising choice with such high quality electronics. They probably sounded great with the Mac gear.

Lux

Sure it wasn't the gunfire trying to drown out the speakers?

31sqd6DQTqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg


I think we have a winner here ... The posted pick is dark and I did a bit of forensics to pull out some detail around the upper drivers ... The center bullet in the cone is right, and you can almost kinda sorta see the backing plate and what looks like a partial on the tweeter spider ...

elementary-speaker-forensic.jpg


I tried letting the process go, but the farther I went, the more it started to look like Agent Charlie Francis ...

(Inside joke for Fringe fans ...) :D
 
Aww, big deal, over priced status audio equipment.......

Why rain on the parade?

McIntosh is not as inaccessible as people seem to think it is......Yes, it costs more than some of the "rice blower" brands but there is a reason for that.....and I can comment because recently I changed to McIntosh.....and in fact perhaps not all "rice blower" brands are cheaper either, look at Accuphase for one....

To just plow in and say its "overpriced status equipment" is definitely coming from someone who is ill informed, and clearly doesnt own any McIntosh.....

I like seeing McIntosh in the movies and on TV, in fact I was watching an old John Cusack movie called Hi Fidelity, and he was sitting in his lounge turning up what looked like a Sansui C2000 pre-amp, and right next to it was either a MC240 or MC275........nice!!

BartJY must not remember When McIntosh was sold at Radio Shack, or be aware Mac is for sale at Best Buy today. Still very much out there even in a market saturated by HT gear. There are many fans willing to pay top dollar for used Mac gear as well.

"rice blower"? Really????:nono::nono::nono::nono:


I love seeing good gear in shows. There are even a lot of old 60's 70's movies that have shots of gear I'd love to have.
 
Last edited:
Was just lurking, but now I have to say.

I like my Rice Blower, and I think that is funny.

I also like Mac gear, but alas I can't afford it. One of my older brothers has Mac gear, so I can listen to his when I am over at his house.

I like stereophile magazine as well, and I have read about some very nice stuff. Man if you can do it, DO IT.

Funny thing about stereo equipment, most folks don't care and think we are crazy for spending that kind of money.

Just like we probably think others are crazy for say......rebuilding old cars or collecting quilts or expensive photographic equipment...one could go on.

Happy with what I have because what I have is more than 80% of what the world population has.

Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom