• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MCS Monster??

Register to hide this ad
It looks like a 3253, but I could be wrong. I don't know too much about that one, but I have a 3275 (75wpc) that is a very nice receiver.

Rome
 
I recently ran across a test review on one of the MCS receivers in one of my old Stereo Review magazines. I think it was rated at 125 wpc. Generally, it seems the JC Penny MCS series receivers were very good performance with measured electrical specs equal to the best in their respective price range. Styling seems to be meant to appeal to the general (non-hobbyist) public. This one looks pretty good to me though. I would buy it for $100.
 
THis particular one looks like MCS 3253. I'd guess 53 or so WPC. Far cry from the 5325 monster, but decent unit nevertheless.
100 bucks? I don't know. If it is in an excellent shape with the manual, and still it's too high IMHO. Somehow MCS gear usually flies under the radar.
 
If the nephew sells them for $500 why is he offering it for $100 and why does the nephew just buy it for resale as he would know the condition vs. buying unknow ones that may need work. I really dislike probable fraud in the inducement trying to be puff.
 
Back
Top Bottom