• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Members with tube testers?

thefragger

Certified Crazy.
I was just curious how many members on here own tube testers and, more importantly, who has one, is near me, and will accept beer for using the tester for an hour or two?

:scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
I was just curious how many members on here own tube testers and, more importantly, who has one, is near me, and will accept beer for using the tester for an hour or two?

:scratch2:

You wouldn't need to buy me a beer. Unfortunately I am a bit far.
 
The very first sticky in the Tube forum has a list of people with testers. Maybe ones close tou you.

..
 
The very first sticky in the Tube forum has a list of people with testers. Maybe ones close tou you.

..

Ugh. I even looked to see if this was stickied before... serves me right for not reading past the 'Schematic Links... ' part.

Thanks resound, my bad :D


Yup, looks like bolly's got one. I'll have to bring the tubes with me when I pay him a visit :)
 
Last edited:
sorry phiLip, that rolls-royce of testers I had, was shipped to italy...... packing/shipping on it was $300! Imagine what the cost of the tester was!! :yikes:
 
sorry phiLip, that rolls-royce of testers I had, was shipped to italy...... packing/shipping on it was $300! Imagine what the cost of the tester was!! :yikes:

Boo, man. That's cool :) I think I remember there being a shop maybe downtown that has a tester free to use, but if it's calibrated and in spec, who knows.

$300 to Italy, wow. It's supposed to be cheaper to ship overseas rather than to the states, too! Sounds like one heavy sombitch!


Philip.
 
I got real lucky. I was posting on CL for basically the same thing and found a guy who loves tubes too. Turns out he lives three blocks from me. Good friend of mine now - and not just because I get to use his tester. :D
Mark
 
I got real lucky. I was posting on CL for basically the same thing and found a guy who loves tubes too. Turns out he lives three blocks from me. Good friend of mine now - and not just because I get to use his tester. :D
Mark

WOW! That's a great idea!

Though I was kinda hoping that I could meet a member from the site, aw well.


:music:
 
If you find someone with a tuibe tester in the GTA let me know
and I will do the same. I would like to restore a tube Graetz.
 
Back
Top Bottom