• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mercer Island DIY Meet

It looks as if this meet is going to be the real deal. Some of the top DIY types here in the Pacific Northwest are planning on being there.

I saw on another forum that Bud Purvine, Tranformer designer and inventor of the EnAble process will be coming.
Here's a bit of what he said:

Rene' Jaeger and I will be there Saturday morning. I will have a pair of EnABL'd and clean drivers in some sort of boxes, a switch box, a CD player and a small amp. Rene' is planning to bring some 80 pound SE thing with foot tall power tubes and about 1.3kva on the plates, a pair of floor standing monitors and some swap materials.

Also, "Aengus" is coming from Victoria,BC with his Bifurcated Horns. I never got to hear them when I up that way, so I'm looking forward to seeing how well they turned out. He also builds wooden boats, so we'll be "yarning."

Bob Reimer of CSS is coming down from Abbotsford, BC to show some of his new products. Bob's a good guy and has a very nice line of drivers.

Dave Rosgaard, the 200% Norsky, Audio Buddy and talented speaker designer will be bringing a couple of his designs, along with some stew or other gastronomic delight.

John Nail, legendary diy speaker designer from Eastern Washington is coming with a lot of gear. He's a great guy and very informative. If you have questions about designing speakers, he's the one to ask.

Kevin Haskins of DIY Cable and Exodus Audio has said he'll be there, but things can happen to change plans. Former Airborne Ranger and Audio Design Guru, he's a great guy and crazy enough to be my long-standing pardner in crime.

I'll be bringing some of my homemade stuff, including the exciting Rosgaard-Olson "Magnificant Obsession" Loudspeakers.

Best Regards,
TerryO
 
Back
Top Bottom