• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Micro Seiki BL 21

burnt0013

Member
There's a new Micro Seiki Turntable on Ebay. I have a Philips 212 and a Micro Seiki DD20. With a MS 505 tone arm would this BL21 be an improvement over my other 2 turntables?
 
Register to hide this ad
Can't comment on the Philips but I have several Micro Seikis, including a DD-24 and a BL-41. Both are nice turntables, but I think a 505 is pretty much overkill for either of them. Doubly so for a BL-21. Not saying it wouldn't be nice (it would), just that the tonearm would be an order of magnitude better than the turntable itself.

I would suggest (if you particularly wanted to use a 505) that you look more upstream in the line, like a DD-40 or better if you wanted direct drive or a BL-51 or better if you wanted belt.

Just my $0.02 worth.

David
 
The Micro Seiki BL21 will have the Philips for breakfast. Don't know about the DD-20, but the 505 arm is worth puchasing on it's own.
 
Back
Top Bottom