• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mirage 450 speakers

TEDO

New Member
Was at a neighbours yard sale today and he was selling a set of Mirage 450 speakers for $30. He let me bring them home for a test drive. Anyone here know anything about Mirage speakers.
 
Register to hide this ad
They seem to be liked by the few i know of that own some. I have a set of towers made by sound dynamics of canada that use mirage drivers which sound very good in my opinion.
 
BUY THEM! Even if they don't work, the drivers are rather scarce.

Seriously, they are excellent speakers for the money at retail, and, at $30? Hands down, a score.

I own a pair of 460s which, currently, are living at my niece's house, and few people have even heard of Mirage, but everybody likes the sound.
 
Agreed. I paid around 100 for my sound dynamics which use 2, 5" mirage woofers and a soft dome tweeter and sound great for 30.00 you can't go wrong. I think mine are similar to the frx series if i remember correctly.
 
i am looking forward to giving them a try this weekend even more now. I figured $30 was a decent price fo certain.
 
Have decied to keep the Mirage speakers. Well worth the $30. They sound great in my small listening space , an 8x10 room. The wife even noticed how nice they sounded and gave a thumbs up to them.
 
Mirage were my first so called hi-fi speakers
Buuuy them fast !

If you see some Mirage SM 1 ( witch I doubt ) leeeeeet me know !!

The Gentle Giant
 
Great deal!

Mirage, Sound Dynamics, Energy, Paisley Research, Image, DB Plus all of the early to mid-80's period, designed and built in Canada at Audio Products International (API) and benefited from development work at the National Research Council of Canada labs.

I have had Mirage SM-1's (probably shouldn't have sold those) and now have M-460's and a couple pair of Paisley Research.

I had 450's briefly .... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=329512

Otherwise search in the forums ... you'll find a fair bit of info on these Canadian speakers.

Enjoy!
 
Great deal!

Mirage, Sound Dynamics, Energy, Paisley Research, Image, DB Plus all of the early to mid-80's period, designed and built in Canada at Audio Products International (API) and benefited from development work at the National Research Council of Canada labs.

I have had Mirage SM-1's (probably shouldn't have sold those) and now have M-460's and a couple pair of Paisley Research.

I had 450's briefly .... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=329512

Otherwise search in the forums ... you'll find a fair bit of info on these Canadian speakers.

Enjoy!

I am enjoying them very much. Thanks for the info and the link it is a big help.
 
Back
Top Bottom