• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mirage m7

Audi0

Super Member
Let's just say these are the first time they had there skirts down. As the rear midrange Needs some servicing. Didn't need the mirage m7 but for the $100 I assume it's a score.

Where do these stack in the mirage line-up?

20220509_145301.jpg

20220509_150345.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Mirage M7 are very nice and give a good sense of spaciousness. I'm a big fan of PSB's also.
 
They use a whizzer cone on the rear drivers. It's not melted. Shocker as its usually on cheaper speakers.

Still waiting on foam.
 
They use a whizzer cone on the rear drivers. It's not melted. Shocker as its usually on cheaper speakers.

Still waiting on foam.

Over the years, some speakers designers have realized that the most effective way of creating a 3D spatial effect with speakers is to use upper-midrange frequencies as the reflected signals, and reserve the highest frequencies for forward-facing drivers to enhance the sense of "pin-point" imaging. Although the bigger M5si and M3si used rear firing mid-tweeter arrays, in many ways the M7si actually does it better with the rear driver as a limited bandwidth "full ranger." Psycho-acoustics are a funny thing.
 
They use a whizzer cone on the rear drivers. It's not melted. Shocker as its usually on cheaper speakers.

Still waiting on foam.

Now that I'm home, and can zoom in with my tablet, I can see the whizzer cone better, and tell that your reflection was the dark area that I thought was melted. I hope the foam arrives soon, and you get the speakers restored.

I've heard M-3's and thought they were awesome. If your M-7's are similar, you'll definitely enjoy them.

Good luck.
 
20220528_182214.jpg 20220530_211129.jpg

It took awhile for the foam to get here but there back together. The only thing that bugs me is one fabric is more of a grey colour as its obviously sun faded.
 
Is that dust cap melted...??? :yikes:

Look closely and you'll see there is someone inside that dust cap taking a picture of YOU
index.php
 
Back
Top Bottom