• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Modern or Vintage?

Modern or Vintage?


  • Total voters
    246
Wow a tube preamp from 2000s??

Thats rare indeed....... (They were much too cheap to use tubes by 2000)
 
"both" is usually OK. Unless "modern" runs firmware. My relatively new Yamaha recently had a firmware "glitch" that rendered it useless until I restarted the firmware. Yeah, that's really not necessary!
 
Analog mostly because I'm a vntage collector /user and I only watch movies at home when my kids are with me in which case we use my son's HT setup. That being said when I go to a movie theater with my GF or even on my own I fully expect the whole digital monty with effects galore, Dolby et al. They sure make us pay for it so they hbetter deliver or else... we go home lol.
 
Love the look and nostalgia of vintage.
Love the versatility and convenience of modern.

I’ve been into audio since my junior high school days around 1980. My main system throughout the years has always been modern for that era. I’ve had vintage pieces in my main system here and there like analog tuners and Nakamichi decks up until about 10 years ago. I’ve also had second systems which were vintage.

These days it’s about as modern as it gets since I don’t use any physical media (CD, LP, etc). All my music is in lossless format on a dedicated music server and streamed and/or listening to internet streamed stations.
 
love the look of vintage, hate the constant maintenance to keep it going
i still have vintage stuff, but now use all modern and all media is digital
 
I like the silver faced units...
If they made NEW IN SILVER. Then perhaps I’d look into it.

I don’t have any remotes for any of my units
 
If you buy good stuff it will al become vintage after a few years. The question is a little vague because there is a lot of non digital equipment after 1980.
 
I have a Fisher 700T from 1967
I have a Rotel 1053
I have a Hafler 945 Pre
I have a VAC all tube dual mono Pre from the 90s
I have an 8 month old Luxman Integrated that blows them all away, I would keep this one if had to choose.
 
I like the silver faced units...
If they made NEW IN SILVER. Then perhaps I’d look into it.

I don’t have any remotes for any of my units
you mean like this?

bds-780w-set5.png
 
Back
Top Bottom