• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Monty Python 2014

harman/kardon

From the Fatherland
Subscriber
Have you seen "Monty Python live (mostly)"?

This Farewell show was really great. Cleese and Company had obviously such a lot of fun and as far as I understood it they took neither themselves nor the show seriously.

I loved the good old Parrot sketch. Cleese and Palin(?) were so great. They forgot the text at least two times (or did they only pretend to do so?) and it was so funny how they coped with that..

Fantastic sentimental journey into the past, fantastic performance, great show!

Thank you Monty Python and

Farewell!
 
Register to hide this ad
Funny YouTube vid of Jagger shilling for the Pythons ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcsVz6jo5MM

As far as I heard the show in London last week was the ultimate, the very very last show!

Yes, they did run it in a number of US theatres (shades of Simulcast!)
but it was a busy weekend and the price was a bit dear
(I believe well over $20 US per seat) ... so I passed on it.

I hope it comes to the State's, I just loved those guy's

Tube

No, actually HK is right - they did a series of shows at the O2 Arena in the UK and that's it,
its an ex-Python ... say no more, SAY NO MORE ...


5260569.jpg
 
Last edited:
---- "Mr. Paul Dacre has just received an arsehole transplant".

---- "Yes I heard about that, the arsehole rejected him".


:D
 
"I cut down Trees, I wear High Heels, Suspenders & a Bra... I wish I'd been a Girly, just like my Dear Papah..." One of the 1st places I worked, in '79, I sang that... The old guys looked at me all Fish-Eyed, but the younger guys GOT it..
 
"I cut down Trees, I wear High Heels, Suspenders & a Bra... I wish I'd been a Girly, just like my Dear Papah..." One of the 1st places I worked, in '79, I sang that... The old guys looked at me all Fish-Eyed, but the younger guys GOT it..

I worked in a State Forest with 3 other foresters in the office. I got some odd stares from them when I started singing this too. They finally figured it out, and asked me for a copy of the lyrics. I don't think their secretary ever did get it.
 
...Or-"I cut down Trees. I skip & Jump, I like to Press Wild Flowers... I Put on Women's Clothing, & Hang Around in Bars..." THAT 'un got 'em going, too... Funny how, with people from say 60 down to maybe 45, you can start reciting a Python sketch, or sing one of their songs, & almost EVERYBODY will "Get" it...
 
"WAIT A MOMENT, YOU'RE NOT MISS JACKSON"!!!............"Oh yes you are, good disguise Miss Jackson".

Travel Agent Sketch.
Yes I quite agree I mean what's the point of being treated like sheep. What's the point of going abroad if you're just another tourist carted around in buses surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Coventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their Sunday Mirrors, complaining about the tea - "Oh they don't make it properly here, do they, not like at home" - and stopping at Majorcan bodegas selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamari's and two veg and sitting in their cotton frocks squirting Timothy White's sun cream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh 'cos they "overdid it on the first day.".......................... snip

.......................And when you finally get to the half-built Algerian ruin called the Hotel del Sol by paying half your holiday money to a licensed bandit in a taxi you find there's no water in the pool, there's no water in the taps, there's no water in the bog and there's only a bleeding lizard in the bidet. And half the rooms are double booked and you can't sleep anyway because of the permanent twenty-four-hour drilling of the foundations of the hotel next door.

Just brilliant.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom