• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Monty Python 2014

I watched Monty Python's Meaning Of Life with my wife (she's 36) a while back. She didn't quite get it. When I saw the title of this thread The Lumberjack Song was the first thing that popped into my head.
 
...This isn't the Argument Clinic, it's Getting Hit on the Head in here... :D

... the penguin on top of you television set is about to explode... :D

... you silly English Kingggggg-ga ... :D

Love these guys!!!!! :thmbsp:
 
My girlfriend and I went and saw it broadcast live in a theater here. It was good, better than I expected.

We're both too young to have grown up with the show, but we grew up watching the movies (and movies with some of the cast like A Fish Called Wanda) and re-runs of the show (on PBS) as teens in the 90's, as did most of our peers. MP is still hugely popular among younger generations; we saw several teens in the theater wearing MP shirts (and we're in our mid 30's for that matter...not too old :D). We have the DVD Box Set of the complete show and all the BluRays of the movies (and some related movies). We also have all of Faulty Towers and Ripping Yarns on DVD. Our parents are mild MP fans as well.

Trans-generational comedy troupe that I expect will be enjoyed for many generations to come. I love their melding of philosophy (and semi upper brow themes in general) with comedy in particular, being a philosophy major who enjoys smart humor, sometimes with a salient social point/critique. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom