• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Most miles you got out of a car

cool9

Super Member
and what is the most favorite and least favorite car/truck that you've owned?

I liked my 98 Pontiac Grand Am that I owned (first car I owned with power windows) until it was wrecked in 04. Now I have a 98 Pontiac Sunfire which is still hanging on at 130K miles.

Small Hyundai I owned in early 90's was a death trap.
 
Register to hide this ad
Picture it- February, 1980. My first car- '64 bug- dies a rusted death. Odo at that time was 198K. Engine and trans. were A-OK.
 
My eleven year old Toyota Echo with 112,000 miles has been a great car. Other than brakes and fluids the only repair was to a bend in the exhaust pipe. That repair set me back $50 which is not bad for the first repair. The car runs so well and no fluids leaking that I plan on driving 250K.
 
Had a 1978 Ford 4wd short bed 150, 300 CI 6 banger , 4 on-the-floor, abused to no end. Pulled the boat, hauled anything, buried to the axles countless times in salt marsh. Sold to a buddy to use at his N Fla hunt camp with close to 300 k on it. Last I heard it was still running, hadn't been on a paved road in 15 years, or had the oil changed this century. Also had a 1980 Toyota 4wd SR5 pickup that had over 300K when I gave it to a friend, and the AC still worked! More rust than metal.
 
My Celica AllTrac had ~136k on it when I sold it and it still ran pretty well. My dad's Chevy 3500 had almost 300k on it when it burned to the ground in our driveway.
 
Curse of the 200K..................................

I had two Honda's that both went over the 200K mark.
And both died violent deaths at the hands of clueless older women drivers. :tears:

My 1991 Mitsubishi Turbo Eclipse is over 200K now.
And I'm waiting for one of the numerous New Mexico drunk drivers (an epidemic in this state), to take her out soon also. :thumbsdn:


Steve
 
I have owned two Volvo 240s

1st one was a 84 Sedan Sold it with 212K~

2nd was a 89 wagon sold it early this year with (mileage actually unknown cause the odo quit working at 248K =p)

anyways my buddy bought the sedan and drove it for a couple years then the wiring harness went rat sh*t and they sold it to someone wiht the skill set / desire to deal with it... i don't know what happened to it after that..it may well still be chugging about.

my wagon i owned for 10~ years paid $3K for it put at least 150K miles on it... good times ..I loved that damn thing. I wanted to keep it when I got my new car..but it was just going to be too much (the wagon needed some work) ... so i had to let it go.
 
2001 Acura TL has 252,000. I plan to get to at least 300K before I get a new car. My wife has other ideas though......

My least favorite car was my mother's '84 Plymouth Reliant K car wagon that I drove when I got my license.
 
94 Chevy truck. 250K
Engine has never been opened. Sold it to a relative it's still driven daily.
 
How many miles? All of 'em.

Favorite car? 1969 Dodge Charger. 440 4-barrel. Rusted to pieces and fast like stink. Bought it in a junkyard in National City, CA for $500 in 1982. Sold it for $500 in 1983 when I got sent overseas. The guy I sold it to took it apart for the engine, trans, and rear end. He told me later it had a Dana 60 in it. Worth three times what the car was. Oh well. Miss that car.
 
275K from a 1985 Chrysler Laser.

Holy cow. My '84 Laser imploded at about 1/4 of that. One thing wrong after another until I just donated it to charity to be rid of it. I assume you didn't have the tiny 4 cylinder I had. Tape player didn't even work. The '86 Mercury Cougar I inherited after that was still going after 200,000 when I gave it to my sister.
 
A 1979 Datsun 210 is the only car I've ever bought new. Drove it for 8 years and had about 110,000 on it when I sold it. Excellent car -- low price ($4,500), no major repairs, and great gas mileage.
 
I have owned two Volvo 240s

1st one was a 84 Sedan Sold it with 212K~

2nd was a 89 wagon sold it early this year with (mileage actually unknown cause the odo quit working at 248K =p)

anyways my buddy bought the sedan and drove it for a couple years then the wiring harness went rat sh*t and they sold it to someone wiht the skill set / desire to deal with it... i don't know what happened to it after that..it may well still be chugging about.

my wagon i owned for 10~ years paid $3K for it put at least 150K miles on it... good times ..I loved that damn thing. I wanted to keep it when I got my new car..but it was just going to be too much (the wagon needed some work) ... so i had to let it go.

This. Any old Volvo with less than 200,000 miles is just in the "breaking in" period. My car has probably 370,000 miles on it (200,000 of which I put on it) and is still going strong. It is the K-jet turbo car from '84 and is becoming more rare each day. It does have a second (used) transmission in it along with a second (used) motor and a rebuilt water cooled turbo. The valves were also done when I swapped motors. I will be driving it today. I am just guessing on the mileage because the odometer stopped working some time ago (maybe four years). I do have a replacement speedo cluster with a working odometer but it hasn't gone in there yet. It is in need of a few repairs but nothing that prevents me from driving it. Keeping it on the road has not always been cheap or easy. Most others would have probably given up a long time ago but I do like and enjoy driving the car.
 
Had a '78 Ford Fiesta (Euro Built) with 175K and zero brakes when I sold it to my neighbor's nephew. He put brakes on it and got over 50K more out of it when a blown head gasket made it not worth fixing. Fun car to drive, even with the 12" wheels.
 
Pushing 282K on my 95 Chevy 1500. I'm holding out for new auto technology before I buy again. Maybe nuclear or hydrogen fueled cars or some kind of UFO anti-gravity type propulsion.....
 
1995 Nissan Pathfinder, 452,000+ miles. Still running fine when given to a charity in December of 2008, original engine and transmisson. Went through some tires, brakes, a few timing belts and rear seals:D. Preston
 
Back
Top Bottom