• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Movies you have seen, but regretted

The remake of Fame. A couple of hours i'll never get back..
 
Redline-A Fast and Furious ripoff.Edited with a knife and a rock.

Forrest Gump-Well made Hollywood film with two messages:As long as you lived through the 60's and 70's and didnt participate in anything that might be deemed controversial now,you wont die of AIDS.And stupid is always better than smart.Always.


Mamma Mia-I love Abba.I love well-made musicals.Imagine my surprise.

The Life Aquatic-Ok,Im gonna steal an old theatre line here:"The movie started at 7:30 sharp,and ended at 9:20 dull."


I dont usually even count those direct to video or drive-in flicks.I have no expectations with these.

Jimmy
 
Last edited:
I am not an avid movie goer, but the times I did go out for a view, these were pretty bad in my opinion.

Too Wong Foo -- I got tricked into going on a date to see this one.
Incredible Hulk
The Shining

Rome
 
As far as the worst I've seen (and paid good money to do so), it has to be "Hanover Street", a sappy WWII drama with a young(ish) Harrison Ford straight off his first Star Wars movie. My friend and I both agreed in the bathroom after the movie that either of us could have written a better script, and all the other guys in there with us agreed.

As for the one I regret watching the most, it would be "My Life" with Michael Keaton. I watched it at a bad time in my life, and swore I would never see it again. Cut too close to home.
 
Several....

I've seen some flicks I wished I'd not.

"Vacancy" - Just a poor excuse for a snuff film, simple as that.

"Precious" - I grew up in the projects, I saw this crap daily. Shoulda never let the wife talk me into THAT one.

"Bonnie and Clyde" - As an pre-teen I didn't need to see two people riddled with bullets in slo-mo.

"Barbarella" - Made a pervert outta me.., nah not really.

Worf
 
Lots of garbage here,but I don't mind some of them...Heck I'll watch "Armageddon" for fun..:yes:

100 Worst Movies..


Anybody ever see "The Green Slime" sci-fi pic; it's supposed to be a real stinker...Then again, sci-fi, teen idol, and potty humor comedy seem to own the bottom of the barrel.
 
Last edited:
Movies I've seen and regretted,
Too numerous to count but I'm sure Cabin Boy has to be near the top somewhere.
 
"Doubt" is a case of a playwright getting to direct his own work. Severe structural problems in the script as translated to film, and Meryl Streep giving it the High Gothic angle....could have been explosive, with P.S. Hoffman wonderful as usual.

"Age of Consent". Sad, unworthy comedy-drama by Michael Powell, dripping with ham-fisted 'sixties' attitude. Even James Mason can't save this one. I lasted half an hour, mostly out of pity for Powell who should have known better. A long way from "Colonel Blimp" to this.....:tears:

"Atonement". Would-be "significant" drama, hyped through the roof, which turns out to be lacking badly. Then, suddenly we get the "Private Ryan"-style monster beach scene, which is completely out of tone with the rest of the film, and then back to the tedium. And this got nominated...:thumbsdn:

"Life is Beautiful". Not while watching this, it isn't. Popular darling and foreign Oscar winner, and, to my taste, just nauseating and simple-minded. I would have taken Jerry Lewis' "The Day the Clown Cried" over this for my concentration-camp comedy.

C.
 
Most recently, I walked out of _Synechdoche, NY_. I usually like Charlie Kaufman's work, but this film showed me that I like his work directed by other people.
 
death in venice

i'm guessing nobody ever heard of this one. you would have to be in your mid fiftys to have ever seen it. back in 71 or 72 watched it at the movie theatre and couldn't understand what it was about. 10/12 years ago it was listed on satellite so i purposely watched it because it was so bad......could only take 15 minutes of it.:puke:
 
Back
Top Bottom