• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mx150 rear panel

Funny, my pic + pic of the info card + Ivan's price estimate = better than what that link was.

Bah to ultimateavmag :)
 
Wow, available APRIL 2009, that's just around the corner!

Will it have OSD overlays for the volume and menu operations? This would be a definate plus for me as it would be hidden behind a cabinet.
 
Here's a little more info on the MX150. :drool:


Sure wish Mc would include pre-pros in their 75% upgrade program:yes:

PS--I would be glad to take 50%... The depreciation on pre-pros is painful for those of us without bottomless pockets in this economy.:sigh:


MikeSp
 
Sure wish Mc would include pre-pros in their 75% upgrade program:yes:

PS--I would be glad to take 50%... The depreciation on pre-pros is painful for those of us without bottomless pockets in this economy.:sigh:


MikeSp

Yep 50% would be terrific and reasonable for previous Mc pre/pro owners...
 
I know my own father would gladly trade his 132 for a 150 if there was a good program for it...
 
I'll bring it up at the next Board Meeting. ;)

VERY much appreciated -- I would gladly trade in my 9/10 MX134 that MIGHT sell on A-gon for $2000 if Mc had such a program. My Mc dealer does not take trades, so I might have to go looking for one that does or I have no choice but to look to the Denon AVP or the new Classe (neither match my Mc pieces...whine).

MikeSp
 
VERY much appreciated -- I would gladly trade in my 9/10 MX134 that MIGHT sell on A-gon for $2000 if Mc had such a program. My Mc dealer does not take trades, so I might have to go looking for one that does or I have no choice but to look to the Denon AVP or the new Classe (neither match my Mc pieces...whine).

MikeSp

I know where you can get a sweet deal on a 10/10 used one.;)
 
VERY much appreciated -- I would gladly trade in my 9/10 MX134 that MIGHT sell on A-gon for $2000 if Mc had such a program. My Mc dealer does not take trades, so I might have to go looking for one that does or I have no choice but to look to the Denon AVP or the new Classe (neither match my Mc pieces...whine).

MikeSp

I just ordered the Denon AVP HDCI and can't wait to start playing with it. :)

It does everything except flip pancakes :music:
 
VERY much appreciated -- I would gladly trade in my 9/10 MX134 that MIGHT sell on A-gon for $2000 if Mc had such a program. My Mc dealer does not take trades, so I might have to go looking for one that does or I have no choice but to look to the Denon AVP or the new Classe (neither match my Mc pieces...whine).

MikeSp

Agreed. The Classe SSP-800 is looking more and more like a bargain at $8000 list versus the MX-150, albeit missing the room correction.
 
Agreed. The Classe SSP-800 is looking more and more like a bargain at $8000 list versus the MX-150, albeit missing the room correction.

I auditioned the Classe SSP-800 and once the free upgrade to internal decoding of lossless HD audio happens it will be a tremendous bargain at $8K retail, it has the great analog for which Classe is known, a nice touch screen menu system and high quality. I really liked what I heard and saw (except it does not look like a Mc piece). Onboard room EQ for any pre-pro or receiver is good or bad depending upon which audio thread you read.

MikeSp
 
Agreed. The AVP is quite the pre/pro.:yes:

I hope the MX150 is as good.

misterdoggy1, when does your AVP arrive?

Well the downsizing has begun. I sold "TheDude" my 861 and he is as happy as a Clam (you know how happy they can be)

The Denon AVP-HDCI is coming Tuesday and I will be running it with the MC205 and a Denon 3800BD BluRay Player.

Although the Meridian had triefield and really outstanding sound, the AVP does everything in one unit.

The D&M Holdings no holds barred top of the line Processor has everything you could want in a processor and after having read thru the Manual (which I have familiarized myself with 2 weeks in advance) it can do everything on a par with all the top units ie: Halcro, Meridian, etc and even more.

Little things that weren't offered even on the Anthem D2 like gain on all digital sources (a pain when switching satellites) and audio streaming via etherent and wifi, not to mention online updates via ethernet. 10 balanced outputs and 4 zones, digital xlr inputs, top dac's (burr brown), room correction (audyssey), 3 subwoofers, usb, upscaling via top realta chip to 1080p/24, with deep color, and more more more. :thmbsp::tresbon:

Since I read the thread where someone who was taking the factory tour at McIntosh, and they were horrified to see a pile of Denon DVD/CD players that were gutted to use for the MVP871, it made me think, hmmmmm maybe Denon is a quality company. And then when they made these Statement pieces AVP-HDCI and amp and now coming out with a top DVD/CD player along the same lines, I decided to look in to it.....
 
Well the downsizing has begun. I sold "TheDude" my 861 and he is as happy as a Clam (you know how happy they can be)

The Denon AVP-HDCI is coming Tuesday and I will be running it with the MC205 and a Denon 3800BD BluRay Player.

Although the Meridian had triefield and really outstanding sound, the AVP does everything in one unit.

The D&M Holdings no holds barred top of the line Processor has everything you could want in a processor and after having read thru the Manual (which I have familiarized myself with 2 weeks in advance) it can do everything on a par with all the top units ie: Halcro, Meridian, etc and even more.

Little things that weren't offered even on the Anthem D2 like gain on all digital sources (a pain when switching satellites) and audio streaming via etherent and wifi, not to mention online updates via ethernet. 10 balanced outputs and 4 zones, digital xlr inputs, top dac's (burr brown), room correction (audyssey), 3 subwoofers, usb, upscaling via top realta chip to 1080p/24, with deep color, and more more more. :thmbsp::tresbon:

Since I read the thread where someone who was taking the factory tour at McIntosh, and they were horrified to see a pile of Denon DVD/CD players that were gutted to use for the MVP871, it made me think, hmmmmm maybe Denon is a quality company. And then when they made these Statement pieces AVP-HDCI and amp and now coming out with a top DVD/CD player along the same lines, I decided to look in to it.....

Does this mean you will be changing forums? ;)
 
Since I read the thread where someone who was taking the factory tour at McIntosh, and they were horrified to see a pile of Denon DVD/CD players that were gutted to use for the MVP871, it made me think, hmmmmm maybe Denon is a quality company. And then when they made these Statement pieces AVP-HDCI and amp and now coming out with a top DVD/CD player along the same lines, I decided to look in to it.....

Bruce.......Congratulations on the new Denon. Looks like the downsizing is a success.

You made a good point in your post about what internal parts and pieces McIntosh, or any other company for that matter, uses to build their products. It is a world market place these days. Manufacturers no longer have to build each component, and every part in house. They will seek specified internal components from specialty manufacturers throughout the world. Pull the cover off a MS750. You will discover a Seagate hard drive, a Sony CD burner, and circuit board parts from manufacturers around the globe. Even the little cooling fan comes from China. This is modern day manufacturing, and it is here to stay.
 
Back
Top Bottom