xXSHADoW93Xx
Active Member
For the past few years, I was on the search for a Micro-Touch 2G tonearm-equipped Zenith portable, and a week ago, that opportunity came when I saw a Nomad II on shopgoodwill and was able to win it for the starting bid of $6.95 (total was $25 after shipping/handling).

Sure, it has a BSR C-129R changer which pales in comparison to the much nicer models with the VM changers or even the older models with Zenith's in-house changer, but at least I have plenty of BSR spare parts which made it easy to fix. Although it probably looks odd to many people seeing a BSR actually being factory-equipped with the Micro-Touch 2G tonearm.


The amplifier only needed some deoxit on the controls, and the BSR changer needed the typical regreasing of the mechanism, but I was happy that I finally owned a Zenith portable equipped with the Micro-Touch 2G tonearm and cartridge. The amplifier and its speakers sounds great too! Runs like a dream after giving it the necessary TLC.

While rebuilding and regreasing up the changer's mechanism, I also took this opportunity to install a cue lever as it wasn't originally equipped with one (I had the lever, the required spring and a plastic piece with a set-screw that the lever makes contact with to lift the tonearm)


Also did a direct recording using a Hanimex PS-1000 which provides a high impedance input plus a line output to connect it to my USB ADC

Sure, it has a BSR C-129R changer which pales in comparison to the much nicer models with the VM changers or even the older models with Zenith's in-house changer, but at least I have plenty of BSR spare parts which made it easy to fix. Although it probably looks odd to many people seeing a BSR actually being factory-equipped with the Micro-Touch 2G tonearm.


The amplifier only needed some deoxit on the controls, and the BSR changer needed the typical regreasing of the mechanism, but I was happy that I finally owned a Zenith portable equipped with the Micro-Touch 2G tonearm and cartridge. The amplifier and its speakers sounds great too! Runs like a dream after giving it the necessary TLC.

While rebuilding and regreasing up the changer's mechanism, I also took this opportunity to install a cue lever as it wasn't originally equipped with one (I had the lever, the required spring and a plastic piece with a set-screw that the lever makes contact with to lift the tonearm)


Also did a direct recording using a Hanimex PS-1000 which provides a high impedance input plus a line output to connect it to my USB ADC
