• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My Listening Buddies

Missy and Gabby

Losing a friend and companion is one of the hardest things to go through, I know how you feel, (been there a couple of times) very sorry for your loss.

Here are my listening buddies, always want to be around (even if I'm listening to Iron Butterfly :))

001_zps7fn2lnzn.jpg


007_zpsqnhnc2dg.jpg
 
Last edited:
Midnight looks like my dog, Quiver, 15 years (or so) ago. The white blaze, the white paw tip, the curious/alert expression -- and of course the ears.

When Midnight hits 20, I bet this would be a pretty good likeness.

Her original owner died 'bout 15 years ago, and she almost got put down. Nobody wanted her. She was nuts. Gave her a place to crash, changed her food from Alpo to TechniCal (Canadian), and she's been Daddy's girl ever since. Withing a week of changing her food, she calmed down & folks started asking why we called her Quiver. She had completely stopped shaking. No more spun. Apparently the Alpo causes interference of neuron interaction in her noggin. If I ever meet the CEO of Alpo he won't enjoy the encounter.

Almost put her down last spring. Hind-quarter/balance issues, zoning, panting, dry peeing outdoors, full moisture indoors. Thousands of dollars, at the vet's, and getting worse. Cathy made the 'big appointment', and I went outside with the shovel. Was not diggin it. Came back inside, and told my wife to cancel the appointment. Told Cathy I wanted to give Quiver one shot at a Hail Mary deal I had read about on line. Red cider vinegar. Four bucks, and four hours later there was a substantial improvement. Within days she was her old self. Neutralizes the acid in her bladder. She surely has the medical issue taking its toll still -- but not the symptoms that were taking the quality out of being a dog. She enjoys belly rubs, short walks, Dad's cooking, mooching & naps. I carry her down stairs, & lift her up onto the couch. Continuously.

Vet's won't tell you about :ntwrthy:red cider vinegar.

insertion-successful-900_zpsdd052ba5.gif


Oh, and that's her cat, "Fraidy", beside her. Barn cat. Got her moniker the first time she heard a pair of BP20's. Not so loud. Just not familiar with David Lindley's, "Crazy 'Bout My Mercury". :yikes:

quiver-fading-900-crop_zpsff80ec9a.jpg


She's fading, and I know what's ahead. I won't let her suffer. I'm just so thankful she's here tonite.

You would be amazed how many times I have "cured" problems (that vets wanted $1000's of dollars for) with simple home remedies...We really do need to pay attention to how/what we give our pets now.

I feel your pain!!

Love this thread!
 
Although she was not "my listening buddy" but it was my daughter's! (daughter loves classical music). Mimis was a cat that acted more like a dog for whatever reason and she did things her way till the end!
 
Can I just lurk on this thread. I have no furry friends who call me their own. i just accept the love other people's animals show me.
 
Sorry to hear of your loss. Your little friend had a big friend in you and no doubt he will be waiting for you on the other side. Mourn his loss but know that he was a lucky fur-ball to have you as a friend.
 
We just picked up an additional listening buddy a couple of days ago, Tasha an 8 year old rescue Rottie. Seems her old owner wanted a new dog so she gave Tasha to her daughter to take to the nearest Vet to put her down. I guess she couldn't bring herself to do it so she took her to a rescue instead. She's a grand old lady, has some trouble with arthritis but is more than able to follow us around the house for a lovin' fix (and dinner). She's hopefully got some good years left, loves lounging around the house and listening to music with us. We lost an old girl (Sophie) that we inherited from my son about a year ago and Tasha reminds us of what a great dog an older Rot can be.

Tasha.jpg

Assuming the position :)

008.JPG
 
It's impossible not to smile when I look at this face. Golden doodles are amazing dogs - temperament of a golden with poodle smarts plus hypoallergenic and little to no shedding. This is my second and I'll never be without one.

P9240006.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom