• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

my new listening setup

radioactive

tube gear fanatic
i just thought id post a pic of my computer listening setup.its not yet complete but its on its way.the pioneer sx 780 just came today and since i had no where to put it i decided why not use it for the computer.the speakerscabs are homemade with a electrovoice ls8 wolverine in each.the computer speakers will probally be going to the upstairs computer.i still have to hook up my teac cdrw-4u outboard cd burner.asides from that its on its way.this will give me something to use when i dont feel like turning on the main system.
also does anyone else use recievers for their computer setup?
how about some pics?
it'd be intesting to see what others have hooked up.
radioactive
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't even have my speakers hooked up to the 'puter since moving.
I know several here have receivers or integrateds in their computer sound systems.
 
Not a receiver, but I use a Knight-Kit 6BQ5 tube integrated along with some NEAR speakers and a small passive sub.

I don't see any reason my computer shouldn't have the best sound possible. I listen to a lot of internet streaming radio stations and I really enjoy this setup.

Maybe I should move my Voice of the Theaters upstairs and replace the NEARs (!)

Ciao!
Lee
 
re votts

i dont have any votts but i have some eliminator1"s.
i too dont think that the computer setup should be sacraficed.i still have to hook up a tape deck my tascam burner and a dbxII dynamic range expander/compressor noise reduction unit.i tend to try and utilize as much of the gear i have as possible no sense just looking at it on a shelf.ive even gone as far as hooking up a tube amp through my shortave recievers to try and get better fidelity since the audio sucks on most of my receivers except my drake r8 and rca ar88lf..............
radioactive
 
gotta love the picture on the monitor,looks familar.......
anyone else with some pics ?
i know theres others.
radioactive
 
Speakers may not look big, but very sweet sounding,esp. w/ the sub.

Knight amp is the gold unit up top.Next to the cassette deck is the Ramsey flea power FM transmitter I use to transmit to every FM radio and receiver in the house. I take the signal out of the Knight's tape output and boost it with a spare preamp before it hits the transmitter. People are always wondering how the same music is in every room......

Cheers!
Lee
 
nice setup, i was always thinking of pickin up one of those ramsey transmitters but never got around to it.is that a d104 on the computer stand.?are those tube on the sub? gotta get ready for work.
radioactive
 
Heres my desk setup.
Yamaha NS-10s and an HPM-100 on the top. Powered by a Pioneer SA-8800. Its a dorm room so not a whole lot of space to work with but it works well for me.
 
Radioactive be careful of putting non shielded speakers to close to your computer tower, magnets will do funky things to your hard drive ;)
 
Sheesh guys, talk about nearfield listening! :) My setup sounds great, and i got a Playlist of 1406 songs And a nice tall glass of cold ice tea. Couldnt be better :D
 
Yeah. and a whole bunch of em are cd's that i ripped from the ones i buy. 1400 songs might not seem like alot to you. But it takes up 9.72 GB on my hdd and i could listen to music for days on end and never hear the same thing. :-D


If you wanna swap some stuff go get an AIM account. I can send a complete playlist of what ive got.
 
Logitech Z-560 speakers. Not vintage, but still sound great. Probably the best deal in computer speakers. That little sub is incredible, goes below 30 hz and can get LOUD. Combine that with a whole lot of mp3s and I almost forget my main system.
 
hey ,haoleb,
i dont know how big your hard drive is but what you could do is get a mp3 player such as a archos like i have that holds 10ghz worth of music.they come in various sizes up to 20ghz i thinnk(its been awhile since i visited thier site.theres also others that have capacity in this range but i havnt kept up on all the various makes.some of the archos even allow you to record!!
with 1406 songs you have more than me so i guess i have to start downloading more myself and burning them.once i get my computer all setup they way i want this will be my quest?by the way the glass of ice tea is nice but i myself would prefer a tall cold glass of beer.enjoy your setup.
radioactive
 
David W-

Looks like you ought to feel that sub real well.....

That mouse looks more like a rat!

Cheers!

Lee
 
Ive got a 40 gig hard drive and only used 13 or so, so ive got quite a bit of space left. I bought a new portable over the summer. decided not to go with an MP3 player because they dont play reular cds . duh. lol Well i bought a cd player that can also play Mp3 cd's So i can fit like 5 full albums on one cd. works out great.
 
We should do that sometime Haloeb, I've got 3000+ MP3's and I'm always looking to add more ;)

I've got a 20gig MP3 player that I can tote all my tunes on plus I keep them on the HD of my PC, if one or the other craps out I won't lose em' this way ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom