• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

my sad collection of "New England" loudspeakers

misterfox: I wonder if you would post your opinion of the sound of the NEARs you own. They are interesting and rare - I have heard many Bozaks, both from the original company and company that kept the name but used other maker's drivers in Bozak inspired speakers, but never any NEARs, which bought the drivers and tooling and continued with, and improved the Bozak driver designs.
I've sent you a chat on a related issue.
 
I rather like the New England sound, especially with the music I listen to most. I have managed to accumulate a few nice sounding models and am always looking for more.

ADS 620, 1290/2
Acoustic Research AR-91, AR-92
Boston Acoustics A40, A100, A150
Genesis 1+, II
Ohm C2
Mariah Acoustics LS-1
Rectilinear III High Boys, mini III’s (2 pr.)
 
Nat -
The 15MIIs are detailed, clean and image effortlessly but are a bit weak in the bottom octave.
The 50Ms are detailed, clean and image almost as well as the 15s and have the bass. But I think they need more room than I can give them.
The Masts (two 4" midwoofs, 1" tweet) are a bit of a disappointment. clean and detailed but no bottom end to speak of. And I've never been able to find any info on them.
 
Back
Top Bottom