• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My Second MAC: A 4100

Register to hide this ad
Yes, the 4100 seems to have become the Mc receiver of choice. You now have 1 of the best receivers out there.
 
NOW you're talkin'...I just love my 4100--great features and sound. I betch'ya that pmsummer pipes in too :D Looks like it went to some McIntosh "Clinics" in its lifetime too. I just hope that the seller DOESN'T use loose peanuts and wraps it up properly!
 
now that you've got the 4100, you can sell the rest!
of course just kidding, but i love my 4100. just returned it to it's proper spot as the first choice receiver over my yamaha. the yammie is very neutral, but i just really prefer the musicality of the mac. it has an awesome tuner as well. it's really hard to believe that music can sound better than that!
that said, i do have an mc-275 as my screensaver...one of these days...sigh.
 
Brian said:
Yes, the 4100 seems to have become the Mc receiver of choice. You now have 1 of the best receivers out there.

Brian -- I always hold your comments in the highest regard, so this is a purchase I can feel good about. (Assuming the Seller packs it properly.)

-- Chris
 
wajobu said:
NOW you're talkin'...I just love my 4100--great features and sound. I betch'ya that pmsummer pipes in too :D Looks like it went to some McIntosh "Clinics" in its lifetime too. I just hope that the seller DOESN'T use loose peanuts and wraps it up properly!

wajobu -- Packing is always a HUGE concern. I sent the Seller a link to this thread so he will know that "the world is watching". :D

Any packing advice?
 
Chris, you might contact McIntosh and see if there is a factory box available or equivalent.

Mike
 
If you have any doubts, send the seller a box with all the proper materials within (rigid foam, urethane foam blocks, non-static bag for internal wrap, little bag for knobs, etc.). I think that "Yamaha B-2" has done this with success. NO GAPS IN THE BOX, and cushioning at the sensitive spots--basic physics! Good luck!

OOPS!--forgot roseskunk and HIS 4100!
 
oh oh...over $300 and on a MAC?!

What is this world coming too? A MAC today, a Marantz 2600 tomorrow!

Congratulations Chris! Have fun!

:D
 
vintagestereo said:
wajobu -- Packing is always a HUGE concern. I sent the Seller a link to this thread so he will know that "the world is watching". :D

Any packing advice?
Yes. Use "large bubble" wrap. Cut a piece of cardboard, shape to fit the face and tape to the bubble wrap. Then use flat styrofoam pieces on all six sides. Padding must be four inches minimum all the way around. And, the item must fit snugly inside so it does not bounce around.
 
good idea

I humbly suggest buying the factory box, if available, shipped to seller, keep it forever.

Jealous, I would love a 4100.

Mike Gibson said:
Chris, you might contact McIntosh and see if there is a factory box available or equivalent.

Mike
 
SoCal Sam said:
Nice Chris! That one really busts your $300 budget.
You knew that couldn't last forever. Chris bring this with you to the So Cal AKfest. Very nice looking and I look forward to your impressions of it compared to some of your other favorites. If you don't like it you can flip it to me. :yes:
 
Congrats on your new receiver. :)
The McIntosh box you get is a complete double box with everything you need including instructions, very worthwhile and the seller should be pleased with saving 2 hours packing time.


Carl
 
CarlV said:
Congrats on your new receiver. :)
The McIntosh box you get is a complete double box with everything you need including instructions, very worthwhile and the seller should be pleased with saving 2 hours packing time.


Carl

Carl -- I've sent an e-mail to "sbutt" at McIntosh Labs requesting information on what needs to be done to get the box and have advised the Seller of the 4100 that I will reimburse him for that expense because I don't want anything to happen to this nice Receiver. I've also told the Seller I'm in no hurry to get this and that my primary concern is that it be packed as well as possible. I hope he is following the discussion in this forum, as I have requested that he do.

I really appreciate all the help from other AK members, and you, in getting this 4100 shipped safely.

-- Chris
 
Duffinator said:
You knew that couldn't last forever. Chris bring this with you to the So Cal AKfest. Very nice looking and I look forward to your impressions of it compared to some of your other favorites. If you don't like it you can flip it to me. :yes:

Duffinator -- Some things CAN be done for $300 or less, as I have learned on countless occasions. However, a MAC 4100 isn't one of them. If I want to play I have to pay. That's fine by me since money is not an issue of mine.

However, I do like the challenge of getting something I really want for less than $300.00 and I will continue to do there wherever possible.
 
Back
Top Bottom