• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My Second MAC: A 4100

Damage said:
The darn thing weighs 35#s. And most of that weight is in the transformer. And the caps are 12000ufd each. Plenty for 80WPC.

That's why I said "compared to the monster receivers". That class includes receivers with 120 wpc or more. 160 wpc being common. I'm actually advocating for the mac here!

For a 80 wpc unit, of course it has the right "guts" for the job!
 
Not too shabby, methinks...

Looking forward to your impressions on the sound, once you get it fixed, that is!

vintagestereo said:
Actually, it's "official" weight is 42 lbs.
 
AK Member hadrian333 is a McIntosh-authorized Tech and will take a look at it next week and let me know what can be done. He's about 15 miles from me so I won't have to be shipped again.
 
Back
Top Bottom