• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My turn to ask - what are these Danish speakers?

Wigwam Jones

Caesar non supra grammati
I have no idea what they are, but they look as though they'd been boogered a bit. Any ideas?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=10075115

sa2071954530-ns.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
It will interesting to see what they go for with over 6 days left. I just paid $10 for a set with original parts though a bit rough in the exterior.
 
It will interesting to see what they go for with over 6 days left. I just paid $10 for a set with original parts though a bit rough in the exterior.

These look plenty rough as well. Big bite taken out of one cabinet corner. I have no idea how you fix that.
 
mythless is right, that's a Philips tweeter. I've used it in a number of DIY speakers some 20 years ago. Not bad, especially since it was quite cheap, But nothing spectacular either.
 
They are also missing the Dynaco plates on the grills.

So what is a pair of these with excellent cabinets and in excellent working condition worth?
 
A clean, proper set of A25s with nice original grills that are not terribly yellowed and badges in place is worth a $100. Although the three pair that I've managed to snag over the past year or two have cost $0, $20 and $60. But, if you need smallish speakers with lotsa bottom end and don't want to wait and wait for a score - feel just fine paying a $100 for a nice set, because they really are a fine speaker and well worth listening to.
 
Last edited:
They are also missing the Dynaco plates on the grills.

So what is a pair of these with excellent cabinets and in excellent working condition worth?

See, the minute someone says that, it gets move to Dollars and Sense. Which is why I didn't say that. So thanks.
 
See, the minute someone says that, it gets move to Dollars and Sense. Which is why I didn't say that. So thanks.
Uuuum Wiggy, i think it is probably the link to an active "for sale" ad(actually a goodwill auction in this case) that got the thread moved. Just sayin............

Anywho,
Big bite taken out of one cabinet corner. I have no idea how you fix that.
Bondo. Bondo can be veneered or grain painted to match the existing repair, and it's likely stronger than the original corner was. Smells good when it's curing too.:D
 
looks like an a25 which fell under teutons ;)

Got a Isophon kk10 tweeter in it, or is it a philips? doesn't matter... if cheap... get them
 
Last edited:
There was a pair discussed in $ & ¢ a few months back that were picked up for in the neighborhood of 150-175. Everyone was squawking about these being available and worth 50 to 100, but is there another speaker that is desired by as many folks in the under 200 buck range? Probably not, but then there were over half a million sold so they are not rare. Finding a pair in great shape with boxes and wanting to end a search can lead one to believe a fair price is just under 200. This is a price for someone that wants the speaker, knows what they are getting, with the goods in very good shape ready to plug and play. It has happened so it is not out of line price-wise.

But many have paid lots less, from delivered (better than free) to a c-note is probably the common range or prices but the under 2 bills is also realistic for a motivated buyer.
 
See, the minute someone says that, it gets move to Dollars and Sense. Which is why I didn't say that. So thanks.

No offence but maybe you should think before you speak and flame another member(you seem to do this often). FYI, this was already in D & S when I posted.

Eddantes, thankyou for your insight.
 
Back
Top Bottom