• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mystery cartridge ?!?

bryndildaddy

Active Member
Hey All!


My new Thorens TD 125 mkII was just delivered (!) and the eBay seller knew nothing about the cartridge mounted on the SME (!) headshell except that it was a moving coil model. It has a lovely wooden body, but I've never seen this manufacturers insignia before, and trolling The Needle Doctors online inventory I can't find anything similar. I realize this cartridges age could be commiserate with that of the Thorens. The arm doesnt have a removable headshell, so I want to try to avoid removing the cartridge to check, if possible. Does anybody recognize the make and model, please?
 

Attachments

  • cartridge a.jpg
    cartridge a.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 51
  • cartridge b.jpg
    cartridge b.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 56
Register to hide this ad
Score! At least it's definately a Supex product - thanks a bunch! I'm now getting even more excited.

PS. I used to have a Lux L-430 too, and regret the day I let it go. That was a sweet, sweet amp.
 
Check out the suspension if it shows wear on the cantilever bottom cover it may require some attention.

I just received my Supex SD-909 back from having its suspension redone.
 
Tough to tell from blurred photos but if it is a Supex you have a great cartridge. As totem noted any Supex cartridge is well worth having serviced, this isn't a throw away cartridge, you would pay dearly for a new MC cartridge that could equal the Supex.
 
Back
Top Bottom