• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NEC A-910 vs. Denon PMA-900V vs. Luxman L-410: who wins?

Hi I know I'm late here but another vote for NEC. I don't have the a-910 but I have the receiver, the R-510 that has half the rated wattage and cosmetically looks similar to the a-910 so I'm guessing the same era. All I can say is for a 50 watt amp it is about 25lbs and has a power supply rated at 350watts and it sounds as good as my Nakamichi AV-1 and better than my marantz sr4600 Avr (known to be quite good for music and movies) on music The phono stage sounds very good as well. Many inputs. Has great bass and clear detailed highs. Although it is boxy looking it sure has impressed me since I got it.
 
A-910 by a country mile for me. NEC gear from that era was really top notch, that’s quite a sleeper. It has plenty of go for your pipe organ needs.
View attachment 1222733
I have an NEC A-610 I can't believe the build quality and components full of Rubycon and Nichicon caps definitely laid out better than a Luxman . I also have a Luxman L-405 and really they sound very similar with the NEC having the edge sweet but detailed and gutsy .
 
I have an NEC A-610 I can't believe the build quality and components full of Rubycon and Nichicon caps definitely laid out better than a Luxman . I also have a Luxman L-405 and really they sound very similar with the NEC having the edge sweet but detailed and gutsy .
You cannot compare the Luxman L400/L405 to a Luxman L410/L430. The Luxman L400/L405 is comparable to a L230/L235.
The L405 is a Duo-Beta circuit AB class amp, the L410 is a Duo-Beta/S circuit A/AB class amp weighing almost twice as much if I am not mistaken.
 
Back
Top Bottom