• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need AM antenna bar for Yamaha CR-1020

sstarnes

New Member
Hello,

Just bought a really nice Yamaha CR-1020 and noticed the AM antenna bar is cracked.
Does anyone know where I could source a repacement?

Thanks,

Steve
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello folks,
Just picked up a nice looking 1020 this evening, $3.00, WORKS! Not a typo.... $3.00!
Posting on this thread because I’m in the same boat, AM antenna bar completely broken off and gone.....
faceplate Clean, one bigger ding in the cabinet.... nice unit and I’m going to put in the work needed to clean it up, quite dirty, and some of the caps on protection relay board have a really bad appearance, but despite that it clicks after a few seconds.
Cheers!
 
Likely any CR antenna will do the job.
Hello folks,
Just picked up a nice looking 1020 this evening, $3.00, WORKS! Not a typo.... $3.00!
Posting on this thread because I’m in the same boat, AM antenna bar completely broken off and gone.....
faceplate Clean, one bigger ding in the cabinet.... nice unit and I’m going to put in the work needed to clean it up, quite dirty, and some of the caps on protection relay board have a really bad appearance, but despite that it clicks after a few seconds.
Cheers!
 
Thanks Avionic!
That refreshes my memory, about 4 years ago I’m almost certain I parted out a beaten 620 and kept the antenna.
The bad news, that box hasn’t been seen in 4 years, where to start looking....
Did a preliminary look at the inside of this 1020, the power cord has been purposefully cut as it was nearly doomed to be thrown away, on the inside it appears all original no evidence of prior work, and very very dusty, removed a lot of dust and was happy to find that it was not the really stuck on type, and in the areas of higher heat generation there’s really no discoloration on the boards, leads me to believe it’s lower miles unit, not certain on that yet though. Visually, a lot of caps need replacing, a lot of the wrappers on them just barely come up over the edge of the top of the cans, but none of them seem to have opened up. I foolishly powered it up long enough to hear the relay click and hear an FM station, Im not going to power it on again until it has had some proper care. Looks promising inside though. Can’t believe a bunch of kids who had the option of saving this unit were set to throw it away, there’s not a scratch on the face, all controls fine, no damage on back except AM antenna (they did that damage, and they damaged the wood case a bit but not too bad). They didn’t even test it, they just viewed it as ‘something old that no one wants’ to be thrown away. I think they thought I was nuts for showing interest.
Getting inside my first objective will be to disassemble enough to gain access and clean everything, in particular find and remove all old glue on circuit boards, between Sansuis, NADs and some others I’ve been in I’ve learned the havoc the glue in these units can bring, Ive seen it corrode parts right off of circuit boards. Ok I’m done hijacking this thread, I suppose if I want to yap about it more I’ll start my own thread!
Thanks again Avionic for jogging my memory and making me aware that 620 is same antenna, good share of knowledge and I appreciate it.
Q :D
 
Back
Top Bottom