• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Needing transistor equivalents

Simple question (good):
Can some one tell me the alternative transistor part number 2SA640 ?
2SA640 is obsolete now

Simple answer (also good):
I think a BC560 should work. Pinout is different, check before installing. A KSA992 could work too.

Please check and compare the datasheets and application in your circuit.

However your reply is completely confusing:
Hi Elnaldo ✌
You mean BC560 to replace the 2SD811s ? What about the BD317 that I have replaced ? Are they compatible ? Pins meaning the 2 pins of the transistor ? They are Emitter and Base and the metal case is the Collector I believe. When I checked using my tester it shows the E, B and C. And I fit it into the slot respectively. Furthermore these large metallic transistors fit one way only. If it's wrongly fitted, the securing screws can't go in.
KSA992 is another option ?
I'm not a professional technical guy to go I to data sheets . What I do is since the original part numbers are not available, I ask the shop guy to check in their book for alternative part numbers. Can confirm in Google ✌
Can 2SA640 transistor be replaced with A1137? 2SA640 is not available either. So are the rest
elnaldo (who knows his stuff) gave you 2 viable replacement options for the one transistor you asked about (2SA640.) In your reply you bring up two entirely different transistors and ask about a replacement for the 2SA640 that is not included in elnaldo's suggestions. Keeping the conversation clear and simple will help others help you!
 
Hi Elnaldo ✌
You mean BC560 to replace the 2SD811s ? What about the BD317 that I have replaced ? Are they compatible ? Pins meaning the 2 pins of the transistor ? They are Emitter and Base and the metal case is the Collector I believe. When I checked using my tester it shows the E, B and C. And I fit it into the slot respectively. Furthermore these large metallic transistors fit one way only. If it's wrongly fitted, the securing screws can't go in.
KSA992 is another option ?
I'm not a professional technical guy to go I to data sheets . What I do is since the original part numbers are not available, I ask the shop guy to check in their book for alternative part numbers. Can confirm in Google ✌
Can 2SA640 transistor be replaced with A1137? 2SA640 is not available either. So are the rest

Hello. You asked about a replacement for 2SA640, and I suggested the BC560 and KSA992, checking the pinout, since BC560 and KSA992 have dfferent pinout, probably different from the 2SA640, you need to check that and fit the transistor in the right position (which could be different than the original position). If in doubt, please post a picture of your board.

The 2SA640 I know is not a large metal case transistor, it's a small to-92 transistor:
http://www.datasheet.es/PDF/921625/2SA640-pdf.html

Then, seeing that you have several different transistors to replace, I'd start a new thread explaining with more detail your problem, keeping the answers simple. It's not easy to guess from the internet what problems you are having.
 
Last edited:
Hi Elnaldo sorry for the late reply I was busy the whole of yesterday. Went to get my second dose of the Covid19 vaccination
These are the photos of my Sansui AU505 amplifier. The Capacitors coloured red are the ones I have changed.
I will see if BC560 and KSA992 transistors are available here. To replace the 2SA640✌
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210926_101352.jpg
    IMG_20210926_101352.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210926_101403.jpg
    IMG_20210926_101403.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210926_101342.jpg
    IMG_20210926_101342.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210926_101431.jpg
    IMG_20210926_101431.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 11
Simple question (good):

Simple answer (also good):

However your reply is completely confusing:
elnaldo (who knows his stuff) gave you 2 viable replacement options for the one transistor you asked about (2SA640.) In your reply you bring up two entirely different transistors and ask about a replacement for the 2SA640 that is not included in elnaldo's suggestions. Keeping the conversation clear and simple will help others help you!
Mr Green, I believe there is a misunderstanding here. My question was what is the replacement for 2SD188 and 2SA640 ? The original part numbers for ALL these transistors don't exist anymore ✌
 
Back
Top Bottom