• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Netflix Streaming Finds

Just watched Rare Exports. Haha not bad, seen worse, it was entertaining enough. Thanks for mentioning it. I can't stop watching Korean flicks. Especially the revenge genre, but many others. Korean cinematography is the best.
 
You guys have great taste! I really enjoyed Tucker and Dale, House of the Devil, Troll Hunter, and Rare Exports...You guys should really check out The Man From Nowhere and I Saw the Devil -- those are my two favorite Korean films of the last couple of years (post Oldboy). I Saw the Devil is especially good.
 
You guys have great taste! I really enjoyed Tucker and Dale, House of the Devil, Troll Hunter, and Rare Exports...You guys should really check out The Man From Nowhere and I Saw the Devil -- those are my two favorite Korean films of the last couple of years (post Oldboy). I Saw the Devil is especially good.

Oh hell yah! And for a more quirky Korean that even most wives will enjoy check out the urban/adventure/love story Castaway on the Moon. :thmbsp:
 
"Starting Out in the Evening" starring Frank Langella as an aging author rediscovered in NY by Lauren Ambrose as a graduate student wanting to write her thesis about him.

Langella is masterful in this quiet film; the script could have used a bit of pruning regarding subplots, but there is a lot of goodness to be had here.
I hope it is still around for streaming.

C.
 
I'll go low-brow...

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil.

Tucker-and-dale-vs-evil.jpg


-D
 
Here's another one for the ladies... Meaning guys can enjoy it too... I am definitely NOT an Adam Sandler fan but I am a PT Anderson fan and he directed Sandler to be more watchable than usual in "Punch Drunk Love". FYI he also directed Boogie Nights, Magnolia, There Will Be Blood and you will recognize some of his favorite actors in supporting roles. Worth checking out if you never have and unbelievably it's on Netflix.
 
I wish more people were into this thread! I am running dry on Netflix and if I don't queue up some good stuff I will be forced to watch The Black Stallion every night until you guys come through...
 
Ip Man and Ip Man 2 are great Chinese fighting flicks.

Isn't it funny how the rest of the world makes great films and Hollywood makes a few decent ones and lots of mediocre ones.

Passchendaele is another great movie. It is good to see other countries points of view and historical perspectives.
 
Ip Man and Ip Man 2 are great Chinese fighting flicks.

Isn't it funny how the rest of the world makes great films and Hollywood makes a few decent ones and lots of mediocre ones.

Passchendaele is another great movie. It is good to see other countries points of view and historical perspectives.

I liked both Ip Man movies.
 
"Restrepo" as mentioned is a great doc. "Breaking Bad" if you haven't seen it is quite addictive. Wish they'd update with the newer episodes.
 
I wish more people were into this thread! I am running dry on Netflix and if I don't queue up some good stuff I will be forced to watch The Black Stallion every night until you guys come through...


I think these are all good pictures and some are great.

The Agony and the Ecstacy
The Charge of the Light Brigade
Cleopatra
Three Coins in a Fountain
Zulu
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Black Hawk Down
North Face
The Apostle
Millenium
By Love Possessed
Algiers
Arch of Triumph
Guadalcanal Diary
Snatch
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells
Starship Troopers
Baader Meinhoff Complex
Orphans of the Storm
Sophie Scholl-The Final Days
Alexander the Great
The Thin Red Line
The Dam Busters
Melancholia
Heathers
Hunt for Red October
K-19 The Widowmaker
Slaughterhouse Five
Europa Europa
The Red and the White
Crack in the World
Philadelphia Experiment
Red Planet Mars
The Longest Day
The Gallant Hours
Great Expectations
Caesar and Cleopatra
The Wind that Shakes the Barley
The Last Emperor
The Idolmaker
Tora Tora Tora
Midnight Cowboy
House of Bamboo
Solomon and Sheba
Taras Bulba
Kings of the Sun
Joe
Intolerance
A Child is Waiting
The Young Savages
The Man in the Glass Booth
Battleship Potemkin
In the Name of the Father
Sleeper
Reds
World's Fastest Indian
The Fighter
Downfall
In Which We Serve
Breaker Morant
Croupier
Donnie Brasco
Vision
Bottle Shock
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
 
Last edited:
Dogtooth -- that is, if you're willing to keep an open mind and enjoy watching film for reasons other than pure entertainment.
 
Back
Top Bottom