• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Netflix Streaming Finds

I wish more people were into this thread! I am running dry on Netflix and if I don't queue up some good stuff I will be forced to watch The Black Stallion every night until you guys come through...

checkout "intelligence".. a series shot in Vancouver, BC
 
Bump for another good one:

God Bless America (Don't let the name throw you)

Don't look at who it was written and directed by until AFTER you watch it.
 
Billy Wilder's "Witness for the Prosecution". Great cast; Charles Laughton, Tyrone Power and Marlene Dietrich to start. And in supporting roles Una O'Connor, Elsa Lanchester, Torin Thatcher, Henry Daniell and John Williams.

Trivia fact: The nurse that kept pestering Laughton, confiscating his hidden cigars and liquor was his real life wife...

Russellc
 
There used to be a lot of other good stuff on Netflix streaming before Sony and Starz yanked all their offerings.

Russellc
 
Bump for another good one:

God Bless America (Don't let the name throw you)

Don't look at who it was written and directed by until AFTER you watch it.

Pretty crazy and funny. Kind of reminded me a little of "Kickass".

Here is another you might want to check out on Netflix. "Cellmates" with Tom Sizemore. I watched this one last night. I got a kick out of it.
 
A year or so ago, I found something VERY interesting in Netflix's collection:

The National Lampoon Television Show
a.k.a. Lemmings - Dead In Concert

My father made sure I grew up knowing about the hayday of National Lampoon and not just the string of movies that have had their name on it. I've read some old back issues and listened to a number of albums as well as the replays on XM/Sirius.

Lemmings was the off-broadway production that featured Christopher Guest, John Belushi, Chevy Chase and a couple of other people. Part of it was apparently a skit show, the second half was a Woodstock parody, The Woodchuck Festival of Peace, Love and Death.

What made this find interesting was the utter rarity of it. The album itself is very hard to find on CD, and I suspect current CD copies were done from really good LP's. The video though, its a mystery. IMDB lists it as having been produced for the then new HBO, but the masters were stolen. I don't even remember when HBO started out.

Anyway, point is, here was something that existed as only rumor....free for the streaming. I knew netflix loves to drop streaming titles; so I did what I felt I could....I used FRAPS to screen capture it. :) Still...I have *no idea* where they got this thing. To this day its existance is an utter mystery, but its real. I've watched it, twice.

....I never knew Chevy Chase could play drums.

Do you have a link. I couldn't find it. Hopefully it's not gone already.
 
dont laugh, but its how i discovered all the great AMC offerings...Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead. the ESPN doc series 30 30 is pretty cool too.
 
Pretty crazy and funny. Kind of reminded me a little of "Kickass".

Here is another you might want to check out on Netflix. "Cellmates" with Tom Sizemore. I watched this one last night. I got a kick out of it.

What a coinky-dink... I put Cellmates in my queue just last night. By reading the description I can almost be certain of the formula the movie will follow, but hopefully I will be surprised.
 
Found a bunch of episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000. The basic premise is a man and two cheesy robots watching old terrible movies and making funny comments throughout the movie. Some of them are hysterical.
 
"the way" directed and written by Emilio estavez is good- guaranteed tears in "hachi" especially for dog owners
 
Last edited:
There used to be a lot of other good stuff on Netflix streaming before Sony and Starz yanked all their offerings.

Russellc

This did give me less reason to watch. I am not a "new movies only" movie fan, but it was nice to be able to watch a newer movie with the family every once in a while. Made Netflix a much better deal.
 
"Last Days Here"

"Documentary follows Bobby Liebling, lead singer of seminal hard rock/heavy metal band Pentagram, as he battles decades of hard drug addiction and personal demons to try and get his life back. "

Found this one this morning. Outstanding story with a very human element to it.

- Michael
 
Someone recommended Sound of Noise and I was pleasantly surprised and sorta disappointed at the same time. The opening scene is great. From there you want more, and you get it, just goofier and less realistically. A must see for drummers and anarchists alike.
 
"Last Days Here"

"Documentary follows Bobby Liebling, lead singer of seminal hard rock/heavy metal band Pentagram, as he battles decades of hard drug addiction and personal demons to try and get his life back. "

Found this one this morning. Outstanding story with a very human element to it.

- Michael

I watched that a few weeks ago. Great movie. Sad... But great.
 
The Spy Factory PBS Nova documentary can be seen on both Netflix or PBS.on line
very interesting.

Program Description
In this program, an eye-opening documentary on the National Security Agency by best-selling author James Bamford and Emmy Award-winning producer Scott Willis, NOVA exposes the ultra-secret intelligence agency's role in the failure to stop the 9/11 attacks and the subsequent eavesdropping program that listens in without warrant on millions of American citizens.
This eye-opening "Nova" special sheds light on the clandestine practices of the U.S. government's top secret National Security Agency, the world's largest intelligence outfit, which is responsible for spying within and beyond America's borders. Based on James Bamford's best-selling book The Shadow Factory, the program also examines how the threat of terrorism is affecting the agency's day-to-day operations.
 
Back
Top Bottom