• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Dust Cover for my AR XA

Lorenzo47

Super Member
I bought a new dust cover for my 50 year old AR XA. I recently took it the short drive to Marc Morin's home and had him work his magic. New wand, rewire, new springs, weighted sub-chassis, pulley work, reworked arm bearings, and a new belt. And likely something else I've forgotten. Running a Grado Gold2

Even though I normally don't care for dust covers, I find this one particularly nice. The cleaning lady snapped off the cantilever and stylus off one of my Denons some time back. I feel safer now.new DC.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I bought a new dust cover for my 50 year old AR XA. I recently took it the short drive to Marc Morin's home and had him work his magic. New wand, rewire, new springs, weighted sub-chassis, pulley work, reworked arm bearings, and a new belt. And likely something else I've forgotten. Running a Grado Gold2

Even though I normally don't care for dust covers, I find this one particularly nice. The cleaning lady snapped off the cantilever and stylus off one of my Denons some time back. I feel safer now.View attachment 1469972
all y'all gonna force me to buy one of those...........................:rant:

:thumbsup:

ready for that other set screw yet? email me.
 
Picked up the XA yesterday, I got lucky. Perfect Dust cover, no cracks anywhere !!

But I do like the after market ones much better. Maybe for my two other XA's that are lacking them.

40578387833_029359a0d8_b.jpg
 
After all the work Marc did on it. I felt it deserved a new cover.
This turntable beat all my expectations and I had big expectations.

Marc. .... Rocks
 
I didn't think mine had one either until I unpacked it this morning. Ask the seller.
I bought mine on Ebay and the seller asked me, since I was being very specific on height of the cover. During the discussions, he said, would you like an AR logo? HELL YEAH! I think the OP's cover is from the same seller I bought mine from.
 
I bought mine on Ebay and the seller asked me, since I was being very specific on height of the cover. During the discussions, he said, would you like an AR logo? HELL YEAH! I think the OP's cover is from the same seller I bought mine from.
Yes, the photos in the listing don't show the logo but mine had it when I got it. It makes the dust cover. If I were to order from him I would specifically request the logo. I may be buying another of his covers for my other AR XA that I modified with a Jelco tone arm. I need to make sure it will fit and haven't tried it yet.

The other thing I need to mention is how well the dust cover is packed for shipping. The chances are very remote.
 
Yes, the photos in the listing don't show the logo but mine had it when I got it. It makes the dust cover. If I were to order from him I would specifically request the logo. I may be buying another of his covers for my other AR XA that I modified with a Jelco tone arm. I need to make sure it will fit and haven't tried it yet.

The other thing I need to mention is how well the dust cover is packed for shipping. The chances are very remote.
He can custom the height for you on any of his dust covers. They really do a very nice job. Much thicker than the standard cover too.
 
Back
Top Bottom