• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New here. **Cerwin -Vega Pron**

he guys, figured that I'd join and say Hi.

It kinda started when I got the 380se's for free when I asked a guy why they were next to a fire pit.
I traded an engine and transmission for the reciever and the subwoofer and the XLS-12's
and the component speakers have been pawnshop finds.

My Setup

65" Samsung Q-series 4k @ 60Hz smart TV (2017 model)
Denon AVR-791 7.1 Dolby @ 125wpc

Cerwin Vega 380SE (were supposed to be burned in a bonfire, but I saved them just in time)
Cerwin Vega XLS-12's for Zone 2
Cerwin Vega Re20 for Highs
Cerwin Vega LS-5C Center Channel
Boston XB6 Powered Subwoofer @ 200w

I also have an Acoustic Research Technologies 32 band EQ and Cerwin Vega DB-10B Bass TurboCharger BNIB but currently running it all through HDMI and I dont have any type of Pre Amp or Amplifier.

Any opportunity to learn something new to get more out of my pride and joy would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Adam

SEseries2.jpg SEseries3.jpg SEseries4.jpg
 
he guys, figured that I'd join and say Hi.

It kinda started when I got the 380se's for free when I asked a guy why they were next to a fire pit.
I traded an engine and transmission for the reciever and the subwoofer and the XLS-12's
and the component speakers have been pawnshop finds.

My Setup

65" Samsung Q-series 4k @ 60Hz smart TV (2017 model)
Denon AVR-791 7.1 Dolby @ 125wpc

Cerwin Vega 380SE (were supposed to be burned in a bonfire, but I saved them just in time)
Cerwin Vega XLS-12's for Zone 2
Cerwin Vega Re20 for Highs
Cerwin Vega LS-5C Center Channel
Boston XB6 Powered Subwoofer @ 200w

I also have an Acoustic Research Technologies 32 band EQ and Cerwin Vega DB-10B Bass TurboCharger BNIB but currently running it all through HDMI and I dont have any type of Pre Amp or Amplifier.

Any opportunity to learn something new to get more out of my pride and joy would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Adam

IMG_20180125_004340993.jpg
Here's my 380 SE and pd9 and pd6 & 300 SE with twin Klipsch Subwoofers set up in a 7.2 configuration
 
Welcome! There've been quite a few "dumpster saves" recounted here on AK...but AFAIK your "bonfire save" is a first:)
 
View attachment 1885839
Here's my 380 SE and pd9 and pd6 & 300 SE with twin Klipsch Subwoofers set up in a 7.2 configuration


Life Goals... right there..... THANK YOU HARVESTOR!!!!

I have learned that the 380's are quasi PA speakers. and they're every bit of those 90lbs



Welcome! There've been quite a few "dumpster saves" recounted here on AK...but AFAIK your "bonfire save" is a first:)

I was helping a buddy of mine and tagged along to go to his boss's house to pick up some paint. and they were by his fire pit, with the covers off... RED RINGS BRIGHT AT DAY. I asked what he was gonna do with them, said they were mine if I could fit them in the CR-V...

we stacked them ON TOP OF EACH OTHER IN THE BACK SEAT...

the original owner owned them since new, and was tired of hauling them from place to place, tried to sell them on Craigslist, and his wife was joking about the fact that he couldn't give them away if he wanted to....

in the process of loading them, we accidentally broke one of the speaker covers, but they made it to there new home!

the feet are starting to show their age and could use some new feet made. I personally vacuumed out over 1 lb of seeds and lint and stuff from being left in a dark basement for years from critters inside, thankfully they weren't hungry for copper
 
Life Goals... right there..... THANK YOU HARVESTOR!!!!

I have learned that the 380's are quasi PA speakers. and they're every bit of those 90lbs





I was helping a buddy of mine and tagged along to go to his boss's house to pick up some paint. and they were by his fire pit, with the covers off... RED RINGS BRIGHT AT DAY. I asked what he was gonna do with them, said they were mine if I could fit them in the CR-V...

we stacked them ON TOP OF EACH OTHER IN THE BACK SEAT...

the original owner owned them since new, and was tired of hauling them from place to place, tried to sell them on Craigslist, and his wife was joking about the fact that he couldn't give them away if he wanted to....

in the process of loading them, we accidentally broke one of the speaker covers, but they made it to there new home!

the feet are starting to show their age and could use some new feet made. I personally vacuumed out over 1 lb of seeds and lint and stuff from being left in a dark basement for years from critters inside, thankfully they weren't hungry for copper
Actually the SE Cerwin Vega line were made to be of a Higher Standard of Quality of Sound Reproduction like a Higher End speaker line...thus the SE meaning
SPECIAL EDITION with their Polyolefin
Mid-ranges for beautiful Vocals and then the VELVET front Facia Cabinets
A Higher Standard vs all other Cerwin Vega speakers since their Real Wood Veneer units of the late 70's
 
Back
Top Bottom