• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Infinity Qb from scratch

I think they look awesome. When they're mounted on the grills you'll have to look hard to see they aren't the real deal. BTW I have two Bogen DB20 amps and one is missing the front escutcheon plate. I'm thinking of taking of the good one off, and making a color photocopy of it, then dry mounting the copy to a piece of aluminum (pre-cut to the right size with all the holes punched) and using epoxy to seal it. Similar idea to what you did.

A bit OT. Please check this page
http://recicla-audio.weebly.com/audinac-fm-900.html (my web site, not sure if this link is allowed in AK rules). Scroll down to the faceplate picts. I've made the faceplate design in a computer, printed different versions even simulating metal textures and patina, and then covered with this clear epoxy. Turned out really beautiful. Quality inkjet prints on semi gloss or satin photo paper.
 
A bit OT. Please check this page
http://recicla-audio.weebly.com/audinac-fm-900.html (my web site, not sure if this link is allowed in AK rules). Scroll down to the faceplate picts. I've made the faceplate design in a computer, printed different versions even simulating metal textures and patina, and then covered with this clear epoxy. Turned out really beautiful. Quality inkjet prints on semi gloss or satin photo paper.
Really amazing! Looks like brushed texture on the bottom. I never would have guessed that these were printed. You do excellent work. I hope my idea for a reproduction face plate looks this good.
 
They are beautiful! Best looking Qb I've ever seen. You have to change the label on the crossover to read Qb!

I like the way they look now, but I still don't like 100% that "orange" color... The black grill clothe matches better with this reddish veneer. It was not possible to get the brown clothe I've used before in my own speakers. Searched everywhere and nobody had in stock.
 
Some more picts:

Final crossover layout. As mentioned earlier, even if the schematic calls for 1.5mH at the woofer inductor, my Qbs have a 0,85mH inductor, I copied that.

Midrange attenuator was replaced with two 3.3 ohm resistors, total 6.6ohm, I've added 1.6 ohm to the original "5ohm" attenuator, to compensate my air core inductor, which measured 0.7 ohm instead of the original that measured 2 ohm.
P1200346_crop.JPG
P1200341.JPG
P1200343_V2.JPG
P1200345.JPG
P1200355.JPG
P1200356.JPG
P1200352.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom