• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New JBL-L82-Classics?

Non-L JBL's from the '80s and '90s tend to be, unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), slept on. The 82's weren't the last word in bass slam or refinement, but could rock out pretty hard and handle the delicate stuff too. I wound up getting two pairs of them for the price of one a while back, and gave them to a couple of friends who are DAMN pleased with 'em.
 
I know this is an older thread, but I bought a barely used pair of L82 Classics a week ago and have been looking for a place to sing their praises. I have to say I am very impressed. The detail, dynamic range, and the bass they can produce with just an 8-inch woofer… they are just fantastic.

I’m running them with a Pioneer SX-828, 54wpc. I’ve had a lot of different speakers connected to this receiver- Dynaco A25s, Polk Monitor 4s, Cerwin Vega D7s and D2s, but admittedly nothing as “nice” or new as these. These are the best by far.

Listening to Talking Heads right now, just awesome.
E5865A74-C7A3-44F4-8201-DB185DBBDD60.jpeg
 
I know this is an older thread, but I bought a barely used pair of L82 Classics a week ago and have been looking for a place to sing their praises. I have to say I am very impressed. The detail, dynamic range, and the bass they can produce with just an 8-inch woofer… they are just fantastic.

I’m running them with a Pioneer SX-828, 54wpc. I’ve had a lot of different speakers connected to this receiver- Dynaco A25s, Polk Monitor 4s, Cerwin Vega D7s and D2s, but admittedly nothing as “nice” or new as these. These are the best by far.

Listening to Talking Heads right now, just awesome.
View attachment 2453037
I have the 100’s and they’re awesome
 
I bought a barely used pair of L82 Classics a week ago and have been looking for a place to sing their praises

I will join the 'choir' with you. I bought my L82's last Sept and am very impressed with them. I bought the L100 Classics a year before that and they are big winner for me.

What drew me to the L82's was their 8 ohm impedance, then I saw their impedance graph which showed close to a 7 ohm 'minimum' which I believe should make them very tube friendly... it does! I usually power them with vintage Marantz tube amps but have also used a 300b SET. In fact, that's what's being listened to this morning.

Play with the tweeter control, set to 'your' liking. :beerchug:
 
Back
Top Bottom