• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Member Checking In

Thrak

New Member
Hello All,

I have been lurking for a few weeks so thought it was high time to post and say "Hi". From the post's I have read so far you all sound like a very knowledgable and friendly bunch, very refreshing. My adventure into vintage SS gear is only in it's infancy. So far I have picked up a Kenwood KA-3500 which was basically new in the box. A mint Pioneer SX-1050 and a Onkyo TX-2500 MKII on the way. You could say I have been well and truly bitten by the bug! I currently spend more time listening to my vintage bedroom setup than I do my considerably newer (and expensive) main system. :music:

The vintage bedroom system.

pioneer.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome, but showing up with some Sansui would have generated a grander entrance......:D
 
Hello All,

I have been lurking for a few weeks so thought it was high time to post and say "Hi". From the post's I have read so far you all sound like a very knowledgable and friendly bunch, very refreshing. My adventure into vintage SS gear is only in it's infancy. So far I have picked up a Kenwood KA-3500 which was basically new in the box. A mint Pioneer SX-1050 and a Onkyo TX-2500 MKII on the way. You could say I have been well and truly bitten by the bug! I currently spend more time listening to my vintage bedroom setup than I do my considerably newer (and expensive) main system. :music:

The vintage bedroom system.

pioneer.JPG

Welcome Thrak!

Very lovely system you have there.
I to was bitten similarly to yourself, as I ended up selling all my new gear to fund my vintage addiction.

However, I warn you, this is a serious addiction that can bring a lot of happiness to your life.


brudha said:
Welcome, but showing up with some Sansui would have generated a grander entrance......

I think the SX-1050 is one sexy receiver. Sure, not as bold as the Sansuis, but much prettier.
 
Welcome to AK

Welcome to AK Thrak,
But I must warn you that the various people lurking thru these forums are a VERY nice group of helpful and dedicated persons whose only purpose is to widen the knowledge of Vintage Gear and help out each other if need be... :D:yes::thmbsp::music::banana:
Welcome again from Canada :tresbon:
Maurice442 :music:
 
Welcome to AK!

Hi, Thrak!
That SX-1050 is a very fine receiver. I think you'll really like the sound of the Onkyo--the Onkyo gear I've had (M-5160 & M-5140 amps, TX-8500MkII, TX-7000 & TX-5000, two T-9 & a T-4090 tuners) are just excellent sounding gear.
If your main system is solid state, please feel free to let us know what it is and how it sounds to you.
 
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and complements :thmbsp: I look forward to tapping into the knowledge base and hopefully add something new.

bully, my main system is tube based and anything but vintage so I will leave that for the appropriate forum.

Brudha, there is a spare shelf on my rack that could quite easily accomodate a piece of Sansui gear :yes:

Again, thanks and cheers to all.
 
Greetings and salutations-Welcome to AK!
"a King Crimson fan maybe?" (me too)
Glad your Lurk was a short one!
I also have had the Onkyo TX-4500mkII & 6500mkII.
Great tuning sections on both units,You'll have to let
us know when its home safely and hooked up!
 
Howdy, Thrak. A warm welcome to you!

Now tell us about your tube setup! I'm trying to get into tubes and don't know much about them.
 
Howdy, Thrak. A warm welcome to you!

Now tell us about your tube setup! I'm trying to get into tubes and don't know much about them.

Tapehead,

Thanks for the interest in my tube setup. Very briefly, I have an Onix SP3, a very affordable amp to get into tubes with. I have replaced all the stock tubes in mine and found the exercise to be extremely beneficial to the overall sound. If you would like more info please feel free to PM me, I would be more than happy to share with you eveything I know.
 
Out of my league

Tapehead,

Thanks for the interest in my tube setup. Very briefly, I have an Onix SP3, a very affordable amp to get into tubes with. I have replaced all the stock tubes in mine and found the exercise to be extremely beneficial to the overall sound. If you would like more info please feel free to PM me, I would be more than happy to share with you eveything I know.

I appreciate that, Thrak. I googled onix SP3 and it's almost $1k. I'll bet it's unbelieveable! I have 2 daughters in college and 5 cars to take care of so it's a little pricey for me nowdays.

But I (and we AKers) would love to see some pix of your main system!

Thanks again,
Rick
 
Welcome to AK Thrak! :wave:

Nice looking system you got there! :yes: :thmbsp:

What's the little watt meter setup you have sitting on the Kenny? :scratch2:

Scott
 
Back
Top Bottom