• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Member Checking In

Hi Thrak, and welcome! I'm newish in these parts also.

You're running a Squeezebox! How is it working out for you? I've been thinking of adding one to my system, but I'm afeared it's a luxury (for me) that'll just have to wait.

Take care, and welcome to vintage audio madness!

jhoyt
 
I appreciate that, Thrak. I googled onix SP3 and it's almost $1k. I'll bet it's unbelieveable! I have 2 daughters in college and 5 cars to take care of so it's a little pricey for me nowdays.

But I (and we AKers) would love to see some pix of your main system!

Thanks again,
Rick

Rick,

The Onix SP3 can be found for less then 1/2 the price you mention. They often come up over at the AV123 for sale forum. Keep an eye out, at around $500 they are a stupid good deal.
 
Welcome to AK Thrak! :wave:

Nice looking system you got there! :yes: :thmbsp:

What's the little watt meter setup you have sitting on the Kenny? :scratch2:

Scott

jhoyt is correct, that is a Slimdevices Squeezebox, shown with the analog VU meter display running. The Squeezebox is a network music player, all my CD's reside in digital format (FLAC files) on my "server" and are streamed over my wireless network, decoded and fed to the Aux input of the SX-1050. Just the fact that I have my entire CD collection at my fingertips make this device a no brainer.
 
Thanks, Thrak. That's more like my price!

Rick

No problem, I will keep an eye out for you. Here is a pic of my main system. From top to bottom, Onix SP3 intergrated amp, Lite Audio DAC60 (Sonic Craft mods), Onix CD5 CDP, Powermax power conditioner. Speakers are Onix Reference 1.8's.

Lounge_System_026.jpg
 
Damn, that is a CLEAN room. My place is a pig sty but I do vacuum often because of the longhair black cat.
That system looks great, even if it is on the "dark side" :D
 
Welcome to AK. Like the stand there on the main system looks all nice and clean. Stay around too long though and your rooms will look like mine, with huge stacks of equipment everywhere you turn. :)
 
Welcome Thrak. Very nice equipment and excellent taste in music. :D

One More RED Nightmare. :guitar:
 
Damn, that is a CLEAN room. My place is a pig sty but I do vacuum often because of the longhair black cat.
That system looks great, even if it is on the "dark side" :D

Thanks bully ;)

Oh, and yrly I will take heed on your warning but I fear it is too late :yes:

My Onkyo showed up yesterday so spent the morning cleaning etc. Sounds very nice.

TX-2500MkII_Small.jpg
 
Very nice!

Hello from another relatively new member and long-time Crimhead!

Thanks & hello to a another fellow Crimhead :thmbsp:
Actually, KC (Lizard in particular) lead me down the path to Jazz, specifically mid 50's to late 60's artists, which I am currently obsessed with. But that is a whole different thread for a different forum!
 
Right on-Glad the Onkyo arrived O.K.!
Very nice looking units and Good Pics too.
I think the Biggest Onkyo in that series had both
the Analog tuning dail with the thick glass
and a Digital tuning scale that looked great(tx-8500)
 
Thanks, bluemonkey. I read the link. How does it compare with McIntosh?

rick

I gave up comparing specs years ago when I found such things to be mostly sales hype. With the SP3, I was given a month to audition it with a no-questions-asked return policy. In a combo purchase, it amounted to $600. I'm suspecting (A) one can't get a McIntosh tube amp for anywhere near that kind of money and (B) McIntosh doesn't offer a free home trial.
 
Welcome to AK Thrak! I bet that system sounds much better than your newer, more expensive, main system. God, I love the vintage stuff!!

Enjoy,

Ron
 
Back
Top Bottom