• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"New member trying to hook up with fellow PL Andromeda III owners"

brochure scans, part 1

PL_cover.jpg


PL1.jpg


PL2.jpg
 
Hey SpeakerLabFan, any chance I could get a good quality copy of that brochure from you.( Kinkos best maybe???) That would be a perfect addition, and hold an honored place in my collection.

Hey ommp - actually what I have is a photo-copy / scanned printout of the brochure, so I'm probably not your guy for a good quality hard-copy. You might check with TSOQ for this?

I've scanned and posted what I have, if you're like me you might want to have a drool cup handy when reading the details here :D (I agree, this was probably written up by Mr. Carver :ntwrthy: )

I've got some other Phase Linear documentation goodies - I'll have to remember to bring them to the Kelso AK gathering in April. Maybe you can bring one of your Andromeda sets? :thmbsp: :beerchug:
 
Yes, thanks SpeakerLabFan, that is a great read. I must confess that while reading those scans my nips did look like JuJuBees. :naughty:
Maybe I can talk TSOQ into making me a beautiful, high quality copy of his brochure........:ntwrthy: I would even buy him a beer or three if he comes up for the PNW gathering. I hope to be able to be at the gathering myself as my wife has health issues. We will keep our fingers crossed. If it works out I will try and bring up my pair of Andromedas. It would be fun to meet ya'all and put some faces to the avatars. Heck, I just want to see what Susurus brings up.:yes: After seeing the pics from last year it looks like he, and others, pulled out all the stops and brought up a lot of interesting pieces.
 
Hi all - Have been gone for a few days and just got back. I never did see for real and up close and personal, the "Phase III" brochure SLF uploaded. The one I have is from the original Andromeda IIIs prior to the name change. It is basically the same one with some minor changes and is in a full color four page foldout piece. Very nicely done by the way and certainly worthy of what it represented. I have kept this in a special plastic protector all these years and it is still crisp and original in all respects with no creases, tears or bent corners etc. As noted, it makes for some interesting reading and I am fairly certain Bob had a major hand in its content. I think SLF deserves a big thank you for taking the time to upload this piece so everyone who wants to can read it. I would upload the one I have but my "computereeze" is not to where I would even know where to start. Like I mentioned it is basically the same info so it wouldn't really be anything additional, etc. Still trying to locate and buy a second PL AIII or a Phase III, whichever comes along first and at the right price. Patience it is said, patience and yee shall be rewarded................I hope!

Regards...........Terry
 
Last edited:
So Terry, any chance I could get you to take your 'mint' brochure into a Kinkos and have them make me the best quality copy they can make ????? I would be more than willing to pay you for any expense's you incur and would also pay for shipping. Yes, SLF should get kudos for scanning in that awesome brochure. We all owe him a cold one.:beerchug:
 
So Terry, any chance I could get you to take your 'mint' brochure into a Kinkos and have them make me the best quality copy they can make ????? I would be more than willing to pay you for any expense's you incur and would also pay for shipping. Yes, SLF should get kudos for scanning in that awesome brochure. We all owe him a cold one.:beerchug:

Tell you what ommp. Tomorrow I will contact Kinkos and find out what the charges would be to copy my brochure in B&W as well as in color. Will post here and let you know and you can tell me which method you would prefer. Will get it done one day next week when I go into town again. How's that for service? If it isn't too expensive it might be nice to have it done in color but that will be your decision. More than happy to accommodate a fellow PL AIII owner.................

Regards.................Terry
 
You are a saint sir, a flippin' SAINT. :ntwrthy: Color would work for me. You can tell them to spare no expense. This will be with me until the end. Again, many thanks.
 
How did I do that?..... it's magic. I'll have to tell you at the gathering. BTW SLF I tried to let you know about a pair of Infinity QE's up your way last week. They looked to be in very good condition and the guy wanted to get rid of them for a 6 pack of Rain dogs. I think that I PM'd you. Did you get the message???
 
For the person who was looking for an email address for Bob Carver, it's "bob @ sunfire dot com".
 
How did I do that?..... it's magic. I'll have to tell you at the gathering. BTW SLF I tried to let you know about a pair of Infinity QE's up your way last week. They looked to be in very good condition and the guy wanted to get rid of them for a 6 pack of Rain dogs. I think that I PM'd you. Did you get the message???

Oh yeah - if it's anything more than just scanning new posts and especially if it can be used to get the jump on new CL listings for PL Andromedas, I want to hear about it! :D

Hmm, I didn't get that PM ...might be a good thing that I didn't. Thanks for the thought. :thmbsp:
 
Thanks so much TSOQ for the copy of the brochure. You did a great job of mailing it up to me as there were no folds or damage from our friends at the USPS. Your time and effort are very much appreciated. You have a cold six pack in your karmic frig.
:beerchug:
 
Wow, it doesn't take long for a given thread to get buried here on this forum. Had to go to page 11 to find this one. Just wanted to give an update on the re-coning I had done on my bass module a few weeks ago. I have had enough hours with it now to where it is fully broken in and I have to tell everyone, the performance from it is once again astounding for a subwoofer that is over 33 years old. Played several of my favorites last night and in each case the bass in each one came thru cleanly and distinctly. Several notes on a bass guitar resounded in the room to where it was almost unreal. And the big bass conga drums in one piece hadn't been heard that good in years. I am so pleased that I finally did bite the bullet and have the re-coning done. Made all the difference in the world. I have now forgotten all thoughts of rushing out and buying that ML Descent i sub I have auditioned a few times as I can see no reason to spend that kind of money for a sub that my current one can and will duel with and come out at least even. If any of you have had yours for a number of years by all means check into having it re-coned by someone who knows what they are doing. You may not believe yours is in need of re-coning as it took me a long time to realize it myself. But once you have it done you will see the difference it makes after about 15 to 20 hours of break in time. This thing kicks butt again and kicks it hard and deep. And yes, I am still looking to pick up another one for my current system but am not having much luck to date.......

Regards............Terry
 
Last edited:
Just trying to keep this thread alive, since my last post it has moved down to page 18 and I just didn't want it to get buried so deep none of us would be able to find it again. UPDATE: I am still enjoying my re-coned bass module and have been digging out older CDs that I remember as having some really deep and powerful bass. Latest find were two CDs from the early 90s, by Patrick O'Hearn. Have listened to both several times in the past few days and the bass is pretty spectacular, especially the electric string bass and some of the synthesizer parts. Also played an older Telarc recording of E. Power Biggs at the organ playing Bach's Tocata & Fugue. What a piece of work that is when played thru the Andromedas being fed by the ample power I am able to feed them. Like being in the Tabernacle in Salt Lake City and having a private playing. Anyway, hope all you fellow "Andromedites" are also enjoying your systems, and if you are having only half as much fun listening to yours as I am to mine, I guess that must mean I am having twice as much fun as you are.....Ha!

Regards to everyone.........Terry
 
Hey SpeakerLabFan Thanks for the scans! ok so now I've got to join Audiokarma (become a full member that is)...
 
Back
Top Bottom