• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New to this forum...

skydiver444

New Member
Hi folks, I'm Jeff, user name skydiver444, just wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to learning from you all. I love crystal clear live music. It can be hard to find but I do my best.
 
Register to hide this ad
Alright....

How high can you dive....you'll never reach the sky !

Sorry, got carried away !

Reminded me of Skypilot !

What kind of equipment you listen to live recordings with ?
 
Thanks to all for the nice welcome msgs. Now okay, djcoolray, I've got a Sony DAT player/recorder, a Sony mini-disc recorder w/remote (given to me in the box), a stand alone Toshiba dvd recorder (I can make dvd audio as well as just transffering videos), a Sony cassette deck (very nice one! Given to me still in the box) a parametric eq to filter the cassettes moving them to digital format, a Sony 4-head VHS, and I've got a Onkyo TX-NR656 receiver to power it all....just got that so I'm not familiar w/it yet. I went from a Onkyo NR636 to the NR656. W/170 watts/channel, Just 2 days ago. (any comments about that?) and a Luxman P-405 TT, which I'm trying to find out if the cartridge is a MC or MM type that I need to get. Oh, I'd give the Sony equipment numbers but remodeling the house and all is packed up.
Plus, djcoolray, I go to 15,000 ft and fall out! 151 jumps all but 1 above 13,000 ft. My fastest speed recorded 204mph!
 
me again, I just wanted to add what I used back in the '80s and 90s to record concerts with, (I don't do it anymore, getting old!).....a Marantz PMD-430 3-head cassette deck, Nakamichi CM-300's w shotgun attach. Then went to a Sony TCD-100 (heavily modified) Porta-DAT recorder w/same mic setup. 12' pole with a 4 foot spread. And a Nakamichi MR-2 cassette to make copies with....I'm trying to sell that one.
 
Back
Top Bottom