• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New tools for the workbench

T15-D16 is a 1.6mm wide chisel tip
T15-D12 is a 1.2mm wide chisel tip
T15-B2 is a .2mm conical tip

I use the D16 the most and the 951 works exceptionally well. I'm very happy with it and the 808. Together they make board work a breeze.
 
T15-D16 is a 1.6mm wide chisel tip
T15-D12 is a 1.2mm wide chisel tip
T15-B2 is a .2mm conical tip

I use the D16 the most and the 951 works exceptionally well. I'm very happy with it and the 808. Together they make board work a breeze.

Thanks. Looks like a Hakko order is coming soon. Do you think a 2mm chisel tip would be a bit too big for Amp and Receiver work, such as on Pioneer SX and SA units? Or you think you still prefer the 1.6?
 
The sales guy told me the 1.6mm is the most popular of all the tips so I took his advice. I think it's the best size for through hole soldering. Just the right size to transfer heat to the solder pad and wire.
 
The sales guy told me the 1.6mm is the most popular of all the tips so I took his advice. I think it's the best size for through hole soldering. Just the right size to transfer heat to the solder pad and wire.

Perfect. I was wondering on the tip shape and size. I know I like the chisel shape, but wasn't sure of the size. I actually sent a Eprey message to the B&D folks on an auction for the 951 Thursday night, but never got a response from them... Much appreciated!
 
Their customer service has been excellent. They even made a follow up call after my shipment arrived to make sure everything was satisfactory.
 
Thanks. I will give them another go. I bought some output transistors from them (Sankens) for my SX-3900 a few years back and it was a good transaction as well. Once again.... much appreciated.
 
I will eventually. I'm going to work my way up to it. In the process of doing a 2238b and then I'll move to the sx650 and go from there.
 
Not sure why they use the "make offer" thing on ebay. They should just post their best price in my opinion.

They did say that their website was going live with a completely new design in a couple weeks that was supposed to be easier to navigate.
 
Got ya all beat, paid 300+tax for mine (808), we Canadians get bent over on this stuff. You speak of a holder, i'd love one for mine, do you have a part number?
 
I picked up a couple things for an upcoming project. I'm going to replace all the caps in a Marantz 2216 and didn't want to have to deal with desolder braid anymore and wanted to upgrade from my Radio Shack soldering iron.

So I got a Hakko 808 desolder gun with a built in pump and a FX-951 soldering iron. I've read quite a few promising reviews on the 808 here and the FX-951 also seems to be pretty well reviewed, just not a lot of info here.

/QUOTE]

Can you post a link for the items you got? I see several, what are the differences? did you get a "set" or just the solder station alone and the tips extra?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom