• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New tools for the workbench

I got this soldering station. It did not come with any tips.

http://www.hakkousa.com/detail.asp?PID=4482&Page=1

I got these tips but primarily have used the T15-D16

http://www.hakkousa.com/detail.asp?PID=4274&Page=1
http://www.hakkousa.com/detail.asp?PID=4273&Page=1
http://www.hakkousa.com/detail.asp?PID=4255&Page=1

I got this 808 desoldering kit.

http://www.hakkousa.com/detail.asp?PID=838&Page=1

It came with a nozzle that will work for most PCB work but I did order the one with a slightly larger opening for working with larger diameter wires.

A1007
http://www.hakkousa.com/detail.asp?PID=1452&Page=1
 
Gonna put it to work today. Replacing all the electrolytics on a Marantx 2238B as well as replacing pretty much everything except the resistors on the amp board.
 
Gonna put it to work today. Replacing all the electrolytics on a Marantx 2238B as well as replacing pretty much everything except the resistors on the amp board.

please keep us informed!

post pics too if you can

Thanks for the links!
 
WOOOOHOOO !!!!!! damn finally got a chance to use my Hakko 808 desoldering tool and i'm just f'ing amazed !

I wanted to swap out the output caps on the phonoclone i'd built recently and normally ive dreaded unsoldering anything from a pcb . time consuming which i'm always afraid i'm going to damage the component or worse the board .

warm the tool up , turn the board over . put the tip over the lead and pull the trigger . again for the other lead . in literally 5 secs the cap has fallen off onto the bench and i'm left with 2 clean undamaged pads and two clean holes :)

it took me maybe 5 mins to swap out those caps and that was just because i was dumb struck at how incredible the 808 worked !!!!

http://www.frys.com/search?search_t...tring=hakko+808&submit.x=16&submit.y=13&cat=0

got to use my new hakko 888 iron too . in the pics it looks like something Gumby made , but when you feel the weight of the trannie , the iron and it's holder in real life , you'll definitely change your opinion .

very pleased with both of them .

cheers Woody
 
On the Hakko 808, I have used mine a LOT and always run the spring thingy in and out after each use. And empty the solder out as well. But I found the suction was going off a little, so I used the screwdriver type rod that came with it and gave it a good clean out. I was amazed how much "sooty" stuff came out. I then replace the filter and it's like new again.

Removed the caps and op amps from a 640P just like shelling peas, I couldn't live without this thing.
 
Back
Top Bottom