• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

New Tube crossover build - steampunk style

Here is a trinket I picked up this morning. Should make a nice surround for the rec tube.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3853.jpg
    IMG_3853.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 62
OK-
You sold me.

My daughter was just accepted into an art magnet school for next year. Art is her love. I sowed her the pics on page one and she really likes steampunk (formerly Jules Vernian?).

I need to come up with a phono pre-amp in the next 6-10 weeks while my cartridge is repaired and I have had so much fun repairing my other audio components that I have decided to dive into a DIY pre-amp.

I am thinking an Aikido tube amp in the aforementioned style. A collaborative effort. Thanks!!
 
Very cool Fast. The best thing about Steampunk is the non-percision build process. Just make it look cool instead of getting everything just exactly perfectly right. I'd love to see what you and your daughter come up with. Let me know if I can help. Cheers.
 
Well, I've been out hitting the SAs this morning. Got this nice vase. Don't look at it as a whole and complete thing, look at all the cool curvies I can cut out of it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3863.jpg
    IMG_3863.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3864.jpg
    IMG_3864.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 25
Thanks to AndyMan, I also picked up these two beauties just for the looks of them. I will not use them in the xover, but just put them on the shelve. For more detailed pix see this link.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3613976#post3613976


IMG_3856.jpg
 
Very cool G. Actually in a way, that is what my xover will look like. Many pods hanging off a two centrail pieces.
 
I like that clock back. I'll have to keep my eye out for one or a couple. I really thought it would take me a year of casual gathering of parts to build this, but amazingly, I have everything I need to build except one piece. So, if I can find one of these type brass face masks, I can start the actual build.

The style I am looking for are about 6.5" tall and 4 or so inches wide. Cast brass. The ones in the pix are cast brass then painted. My torch with do away with the paint. I can buy these on the bay, but I'd rather scroung them up. I am torn between the beauti and the torture look. What is your preference?

39a5_12.jpg


Bq4dVLQBWkKGrHqMH-C8EvEWIcdiBLSCqsd.jpg
 
I would have to say beauti, but it could be that awful silver on the torture. If this is just for a crossover, what in the world does the rest of your setup look like?
 
I would have to say beauti, but it could be that awful silver on the torture. If this is just for a crossover, what in the world does the rest of your setup look like?

Don't ask and whatever you do, don't look.
It's like Medusa, you'll turn to stone!

Best Regards,
TerryO
 
I would have to say beauti, but it could be that awful silver on the torture. If this is just for a crossover, what in the world does the rest of your setup look like?

I am working hard to make all my pieces look like art. Hopefully, I'll have them all done by AKfest 2011.
 
Well, Andyman came through today with a mask he picked up at a G-sale. I now have everything I need now to start building.....except motivation. The sailing season is upon us you know.

IMG_3895.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom