• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Turntable

I know you posted you want new but really what is there to maintain on a table like these, a new belt every 10 years?
Or wiring issues that happen like the last used Technics I had and the Sansui that I currently have that is out of commission…..

I don’t disagree with you that I can get a killer used deck for the money I’m budgeting. I just prefer to spend the time I have listening to albums rather than fix issues when they arise.
 
I don’t disagree with you that I can get a killer used deck for the money I’m budgeting. I just prefer to spend the time I have listening to albums rather than fix issues when they arise.
For whatever reason some will never understand that :dunno:
 
For whatever reason some will never understand that :dunno:
My point was that with a simple belt drive table there really isn't anyt5hing much to do if you buy one that is in good shape. No more than setting up a new table that comes in a factory box that needs to be assembled.

But I understand that sometimes it is nice to buy brand new, if the quality was there I would as well.
 
, if the quality was there I would as well.
I have used many if the vintage TTs people seek out. The Fluance and others are well built at there price points. Still use a vintage TT.

After trying the Fluance I bought for my daughter for a few months, I would be OK with it being my main TT.
 
Looks are important, but not so much as sound. How's it roll in that department?

Edit: Good looking deck, regardless!
 
Does it have their house brand (assuming) Spirit cart?

Anxious to hear your thoughts on the sound.
It did come with the spirit. And so far I’m really impressed. I ran a Grado black previously and liked it. The spirit to me is a bit brighter, but in a good way. Bass is cleaner without taking too much warmth away from the sound. And I’m getting more detail from it, picking up stuff I haven’t heard before. I originally was going to install the Grado on it, but not for now.
 
Back
Top Bottom