• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Newly acquired Fisher X-202-B. I'll need some help. A few questions may follow.

One I had used reproductions and behind that were those colored tabs that come from office supply notebook tabs. Red were behind the red, green behind the green, and amber behind the amber.
 
On my 202B that I got from Audiodon, he too had to address the intensity of the replacement jewels he installed before I got it. I forgot exactly what was done, but it is so nice when the jewels simply augment, and don't just take over the entire front panel due to their brightness. Very nice job!!

Dave
 
And there ya go. I knew somewhere along the line, the one he had had some similar effort done to it -- and they work very nicely now.

Dave
 
If you got five frosted #47 bulbs, that would also do it.

Additionally, the camera makes them appear brighter than they are.
 
If you got five frosted #47 bulbs, that would also do it.

Additionally, the camera makes them appear brighter than they are.

Food for thought (frosted #47 bulbs). But aren't watts watts? Maybe worth looking into.

Camera making them brighter than they are? Wouldn't doubt it.
 
I had a similar issue with my X202. Those asbestos lined rubber hoses were pushed too far back when I put the faceplate back on. Anymore, I pull them forward and then put the faceplate back on so they sort of seal to the plate. No more light deflection!
 
I'd test whether the power is 6volts or 12volts. If 6 volts, get five equivalent 12volt bayonet mount bulbs and replace them all. I know I've seen bulbs that felt dim to me in these Fisher units and found them to not be the proper voltage.
 
Back
Top Bottom