• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nice Marantz Score! (LOTS of pics)

Those are very nice smaller speakers. The T3 versions have improved crossovers and are smoother, especially in the treble region. For $150, that's a pretty good deal, especially if the cabinets and grilles are in good condition and the tweeters have not been messed with - protective metal grille not pushed in and especially if the tweeter metal domes have not been molested. It would be even better if you can get them for a little less.

Be sure you get a look at them with the grilles off to be sure the drivers are in good shape and are original.

When I'm looking at something I want to buy used, I always ask if there is any flexibility on the price and let them tell me or name an option. If they ask for an offer, I usually go 20% lower and see what they say or counter with. Unless they are very firm, they come down some.
 
Those are very nice smaller speakers. The T3 versions have improved crossovers and are smoother, especially in the treble region. For $150, that's a pretty good deal, especially if the cabinets and grilles are in good condition and the tweeters have not been messed with - protective metal grille not pushed in and especially if the tweeter metal domes have not been molested. It would be even better if you can get them for a little less.

Be sure you get a look at them with the grilles off to be sure the drivers are in good shape and are original.

When I'm looking at something I want to buy used, I always ask if there is any flexibility on the price and let them tell me or name an option. If they ask for an offer, I usually go 20% lower and see what they say or counter with. Unless they are very firm, they come down some.

Cool! I'm going to look at them tonight. Going to shoot for $120 and see what happens!
 
The speakers are about as close to NOS as I've seen. Near mint condition. Cabinets are perfect, drivers and tweeters look perfect. Grills are very very clean. These look like they were never used! Took them home for $140. Can't wait to give them a spin this weekend!
 
Sweet! I think you're going to like what you hear. They can take surprising amounts of power too, just don't expect prodigious low bass, but what bass they do is pretty good for their size.
 
Dude...

Don't sell that equipment. Get some heavy boxes from U-haul to box them up and save them. Then when you have a place big enough and music tastes do change over time. Music is much more appreciated when a person is older.
 
No, don't ship anything....

Take your time and find a qualified technician near you. If you can't, wait until you can take it someplace you can.
 
Glad it all worked out for you. I would have sold them too! Couldn't justify something like that at THIS moment in time especially with marriage, home and so forth.
From reading you have a great attitude & am glad it happened to you
Good luck on your music career & marriage. .
 
i had the marantz esotec? sm 7 and sm9 i think,got both in beautiful shape in champagne gold, the amp had a channel out,these were scary,an we sold both together on ebay for 900.00 very fast about 5 years ago,an later i seen this receiver esotech,? same power etc,for 2,500.00 just the receiver i think. but anything looks better than black,an i just wanted to sell something for cash money an do very good. i think the guy still possibly has some old mcintosch,but i,ll stick with klh,and acoustic research for myself,others are too pricy,an questionable in a big dirty garage in a heap.........sort off.......i seen tube marantz stuff on ebay a nd mono blocks an other stuff,only for friggin millionaires,i,ll play my strat,an make my own musick with great ar speakers,an be happy..i would only own a martin or gibson,long enough to sell them,but,each to there own..
 
A message to Teleking36: if you are still saving for a pair of Falcon LS3/5A's perhaps you should reconsider. I tried a pair myself last year and they are nowhere near the sound quality of my 1978 Chartwells. They sounded like very good hi-fi but the Chartwells were the real deal, with uncanny musicality and smoothness. I was told they needed many hours of break-in to sound their best. Ultimately I returned them...
 
Dropping in to say hello to everyone who has contributed to this mega thread! Time really does fly! I turned 40 years old at the end of last year! My then girlfriend is my wife of 11 years and I've got three daughters now.

I still have the 7T from the original haul, running with a pair of McIntosh MC30s and a Marantz 6300. Certainly not a bad setup! I think about those Model 9s every now and then, and how much fun it was to have them set up and listening to some of my favorite records with them.

I'm a manage and handle acquisition of vintage electric guitar inventory at a guitar shop outside of Boston, and I've been seeing some incredible stories similar to my Marantz find lately.

1) A gentleman in Canada found a 1952 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop at a yard sale and took it home for $200.
2) Just this week a guy on FB posted about a dumpster find - a 1955 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop!

ALWAYS keep your eyes open!
 
Thanks for checking-in. Glad all is going well in your life. I still have my pair of 9's that I bought in 2014. Time does indeed fly. They are getting less use in the summer now that I live in the desert. But definitely my end-game amplifiers. Cheers!
 
Back
Top Bottom