• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Non Audio Threads

Wasn't there just a thread about being bored with the same old questions ? Would be a pretty dead forum if no one posted anything that's already been asked.

This place is like hanging at the library but with tunes, ask and someone always knows.
 
i have noticed a lot more non audio threads that i have to wade through when i hit "new posts" sometime 10 or 15 out of 25 per page. it seems some people are really grasping at straws with some of these threads, maybe just competing for higher post numbers, or maybe just like playing games with other people. not a complaint just an observation.

I've been musing on this for quite awhile and it's good to see someone else has noticed this too. I think it's a combination of seeing the word "General" and "Discussion" and thinking I'll post about anything in general.

It's one of the most trafficked forums so folks would rather put it there to get more responses then say in the "Music" forum when posting a thread about greatest band or some shite like that.
 
Personally, I like a few of the non-audio threads. Usually, I see some people venting about certain issues in their lives. Serious issues. And I think that’s ok. It’s a community in the end, and the amount of care I see for one another is really amazing. But the gaming stuff, and motor vehicle threads...not a huge fan of. That’s mostly because I don’t have interest in motorcycles or cars, not because I think they’re pointless. But I’m guilty of posting a thread or two of non-audio threads exhibiting hobbies outside of audio. I think it’s just nice to have a community to share things. But gaming I just...I don’t know. Not my cup of tea. Don’t hate them, but I’m never clicking on them.
 
im on an audio site, shouldnt have to look for food or 4wheeling

I was talking about your lacking due diligence, it needs some work. There are off topic forums for such a post.

But I get it, some are entitled to do their own thing.

:bigok:
 
maybe there should be a Coronavirus themed section now

AK is not going to create a sub forum for a specific issue however enough folks here have wanted to talk about it so a few threads were created in General Off Topic Forums and somehow someone created a thread in the "Gaming" section Why? who knows
 
AK is my one stop shop on the internet.

No really.

I talk to ya'll about Everything; I read about Everything, and I've been here since 2006.

Look at my Bookmarks and you'll see AK, Craigslist and YouTube.

Gimme that Non Audio dammit !

I can look up speaker impedance and how to hook a subwoofer up to a vintage reciever any time I wanna.

Flip side maybe I wanna talk about my hemi challenger. Or my dog I hate. Or the fact I've been working thru this entire pandemic and I'm tired of people being bored.

It's my life on one site.

AudioKarma, much respect.


Matt
 
It appears you didn’t notice the Audio between the General and Discussion ;)

Well, I did. But I still wonder, who that General Audio guy is or was. Does or did he actually exist? And whom did he fight? Field Marshal Video?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Well, I did. But I still wonder, who that General Audio guy is or was. Does or did he actually exist? And whom did he fight? Field Marshal Video?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

That was not even directed at you :)

I quoted a post.
 
im on an audio site, shouldnt have to look for food or 4wheeling
Then don't.

This an audio oriented site. Keep it that way, For the chefs, there must be plenty of sites tailored just for them. Same for the off roaders and auto enthusiasts.
I'm sure there are audio sites that fit this criteria. Nobody's makes you look and it hurt's no one.

These 2 posts fall into the panties in a bunch category.
 
If topic-specific forums don't have off-topic sections, the off-topic subjects will still leak into the topical forums anyways. (Here at AK it would be like, "I know this isn't audio related, but I just saw that my pet ferret scratched the hubcaps on my '72 Catalina.") It just helps organize the place.
 
Back
Top Bottom