• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

North Carolina anyone?

Welcome to the madness! :crazy:

Unfortunately, I live west of Charlotte, so not close to you at all.
 
I went to one I believe was in north Winston-Salem back in February. I think they did another back on May 11. Not sure if they have had one since then.
 
I live in Greensboro. There are several members of the Carolina Audio Society that live close by.
What are you interested in?
Hi,
I am new to vintage audio and am looking to start building my audio collection. I have just recently purchased a Sansui G-6700 and SE-9 and have been bitten by the bug. Interested in acquiring other vintage components (e.g., amps, turntable, tuners, receivers, etc.) and learning about their respective features/functions that produce their unique sounds. I had forgotten what music should sound like, as it did back in the 70's and early 80's when it was played on the high-powered receivers/amps and huge speakers!
 
Hi,
I am new to vintage audio and am looking to start building my audio collection. I have just recently purchased a Sansui G-6700 and SE-9 and have been bitten by the bug. Interested in acquiring other vintage components (e.g., amps, turntable, tuners, receivers, etc.) and learning about their respective features/functions that produce their unique sounds. I had forgotten what music should sound like, as it did back in the 70's and early 80's when it was played on the high-powered receivers/amps and huge speakers!
Not just in the 80s. My ML electrostats are >5' high and are driven by a pair of essentially noise and distortion free 518W/Ch into 4 ohms Benchmark AHB2 amps (in mono mode).
 
Hi folks, Brian here from Asheboro (work in Chapel Hill). I am new to the hobby and am hoping to learn a few things. Would love to meet up with anyone close by.

I live in Pittsboro, and I do not envy your commute from Asheboro to Chapel Hill. My wife works at UNC, and I was brought here by a bicycle company based out of Chapel Hill (RIP).

My current system is the product of evolution. I always like talking about audio equipment (or bicycle equipment).
 
I live in Pittsboro, and I do not envy your commute from Asheboro to Chapel Hill. My wife works at UNC, and I was brought here by a bicycle company based out of Chapel Hill (RIP).

My current system is the product of evolution. I always like talking about audio equipment (or bicycle equipment).
I pass through Pittsboro when I go into the office (I work for UNC also) but I primarily work from home. I've just recently purchased a vintage system (80's receiver and eq) and am looking to acquire other vintage components (turntable - can't believe how pricey they are!). Love the power and the quality of the old systems, wish they still made this stuff today!
 
There are a couple of collectors in Chatham County with a lot of knowledge. Hopefully they are following this thread.
 
Just saw this thread.. I’m in Cary. Is everyone more of vintage equipment folks or new?

I spend a lot of most of my days in Cary -- I also grew up there, moved away, and moved back to the area. I don't know if my setup is vintage or not with work done here and there. I have had a number of pieces move through.
 
Hi all ... haven’t posted to this thread in a while ... had moved to New Bern just in time for Florence :( but mostly resettled now.
Please add to mailing list if there is one ... travel a lot anyway so driving mid-state for a meet not a big deal.
Also happy to host next year if anyone willing to head east.
 
I live in VA on the VA/NC border, about 1/2 way between Roanoke VA and Winston Salem NC. Travel ain't a problem.

I read this:
Don't get me wrong Underdog is a fine record store, but if I were in Greensboro I would be going to Hippo Records.... Just sayin'. That place is awesome!
Hippo is the cream of the crop out of all the record shops I visit. Earshot is second. Vintage Audio Exchange is a GREAT place to find vintage equipment.

Roanoke, VA-The Vintage Vault

Salem VA-Uptown Audio

Winston Salem, NC-Earshot & Underdog

Jamestown, NC-Vintage Audio Exchange

Greensboro, NC-Buffalo Boogie & Hippo


Hey Blueglow, I just realized that I sent you an email recently (Youtube). Small world.....
 
Last edited:
Hey all, I haven't signed in in a while.... I live in Cary and I am looking for someone reputable to go thru and my B&K 442 EX Sonata power amp and also an Adcom GFP 750. Have them recapped and pots cleaned and biased, etc. I've had them since the early 90's, I guessing, and they have never had any work done before. Mark from Blueglow did repair an H/K 330C a coulple of years ago that is up on his site (a two part video), but I understand he is still not taking on new work at this time. So if anyone can recommend a shop or someone they know who is a worthy tinkerer, I would greatly appreciate it.
 
Back
Top Bottom