• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nudies of your modern gear!!

basite

I took a headstart...
well, I think the title says it all :)

pretty much everything is welcome, from 'modern' amps, to 'modern' cd players :)

I'll start...

here's the inside of my Mcintosh MA6400 integrated...

IMG_0672.jpg


and another one...
IMG_0673.jpg


OK, so where's yours? :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.
 
Register to hide this ad
Awesome stuff indeed.
Time to show those vintage guys what good modern gear looks like under the hood! :)
 
Here ya go, about as modern as you can get, the Panasonic XR-55 digital receiver.

See that row of caps and inductors just to the right of middle? That area is where the digital amplifiers reside, all seven of them, 80wpc @ 8 ohms.

In a German audio mag, they tested it to do the following (in stereo mode), even though the low impedance loads are not recommended:

93wpc @ 8 ohms
120wpc @ 6 ohms
169wpc @ 4 ohms
206wpc @ 3 ohms
238wpc @ 2 ohms

Weight, about 10lbs... cost, don't remember exactly, but something on the order of $200 brand spanking new.

If ya like your warbles on the warm and fuzzy side, this one probably isn't for you.


XR55.jpg
 
I like the idea behind this thread BUT, the newest component I have is either my Sony CDP-C725 5 disc CD changer or my TEAC R-919X auto reverse cassette and both of them are at least 15 years old. Also, I don't think they can match that McIntosh. :tears:
 
Thanks Jack. I'm real happy with it, really hit my wish-list and sounds fantastic in my system.

I'm done looking for the right pre-amp.
 
Back
Top Bottom