• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Odd speakers

Register to hide this ad
Hello zappa28,

The Grenadier line was manufactured by Empire Scientific Corp, known more for their excellent turntables than speakers.

I think the 6000 was the smallest in the series, with the 9000 being tops. They are rated to 75 watts @ 8 ohms. I've never heard a pair, but they might be worth it at that price. If they don't pan out you could still use them as end tables!

i also remember seeing this add a few weeks ago.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/1537370104.html

Wow, I would imagine this ad will run for awhile.

Regards,
TB
 
Wow, I would imagine this ad will run for awhile.
tower,
i think you you are so very correct... pretty sure the seller had a empire tt also available when this add first appeared, apparently that sold.
 
I have heard a pair of 9000s not long ago, i think they are a 15" down firing woofer with a mediocre high end. Nothing special to hear, and surely not worth 1k. More like 3-400 range if in decent condition.
 
Back
Top Bottom