• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Offer of a pioneer system...

You can usually track down replacement faceplates on the auction sites with some patience. Maybe give that a shot down the road if you end up getting it.
 
Acetone or MEK may remove the initials and SSN. Just be careful as it will also remove silkscreened OEM lettering.
 
You can usually track down replacement faceplates on the auction sites with some patience. Maybe give that a shot down the road if you end up getting it.

Exactly. Just set up a search on Ebay with email notification when one pops up.
 
OP mentioned 4 different components in the original post...are they all "personalized"?
If so he could search forever for face plates for all the components.
 
There ya go. Busy today. All the pieces have the writing. It says it’s engraved. And thing in top is a speaker selector. Doesn’t power up. Not really sweating that.
 
Have you actually contacted the seller and asked about the initials and numbers, asked are they engraved or ink?
Looks like tuner and amp are, not sure about the other two.

Edit--OP posted while I was typing.
I guess it depends is it objectionable to you?
Depends on price.
Depends on if you are buying to keep and you know going in that resale may be affected if it is not removable.
 
That stamping is really well done at least. As much as I don't like the idea of the engraving I don't think I'd be too bothered by that as long as they agree to knock a few bucks off.
 
[QUOT'sE="62vauxhall, post: 11073722, member: 87864"]On a Pioneer CTF-650, someone engraved their SIN number along the top edge. I took the face plate to a machine shop and had them lathe out a strip from from side to side. Noticeable but not unsightly.

View attachment 1056695

That's a good solution to remove eyesore from it. BTW, just to give right terminology, mill out a strip.
Matching brushed or burnished surface finishes gets more difficult. I have an amp with nicks on top of faceplate I'd like to go away.[/QUOTE]

If it's brushed, after it's smoothed you can carefully use some red Scotchbrite to put the brushed finish back (the auto body stuff, not the stuff you'd find in the cleaning section of the grocery store.
 
1514845963497-138664680.jpg 15148460154251866991162.jpg my wife seen this and laughed. All she asked is that all? My wife puts up with my antics as this is what she sees everyday, yes I likes me some pioneer, lol1514845963497-138664680.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom