• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Omron Relays at Digikey

A picture and / or part number would be helpful.

I haven't removed the relay yet. I'm just getting a cap list together and thought replacing the relay would be a good idea. I was hoping someone had ordered one in the past from one of the usual suspects.

Carter
 
I'm in need of the collective wisdom of the AK brethren.

Does anyone know what a good relay replacement would be for a Carver TFM-15 amplifier?

Thanks all!
Dropping in on the end of a regular thread about relays is looking for anonimity. Not many see this thread. all the way to the end, but you are getting good answers.

My concern about your issue is that you want someone that has put a relay in a specific model and post in this used thread. You would have much more visibility if you had started your very own thread and asked that question in the title. Folks scanning the boards seeing Carver TMF-15 Relay in the title might just hit the brakes, lock up the wheels and post up their information...if they had experience with that particular amplifier. Otherwise you are working in this thread with some good techs asking for more info to get you a recommendation. We'll be back as your info flows in to find a relay, well the guys that know, I'm just curious about the result. Good Luck.
 
Dropping in on the end of a regular thread about relays is looking for anonimity. Not many see this thread. all the way to the end, but you are getting good answers.

My concern about your issue is that you want someone that has put a relay in a specific model and post in this used thread. You would have much more visibility if you had started your very own thread and asked that question in the title. Folks scanning the boards seeing Carver TMF-15 Relay in the title might just hit the brakes, lock up the wheels and post up their information...if they had experience with that particular amplifier. Otherwise you are working in this thread with some good techs asking for more info to get you a recommendation. We'll be back as your info flows in to find a relay, well the guys that know, I'm just curious about the result. Good Luck.

Well, I tried posting specifically over at the Carver Site (which has been down for a few days) and no response.

So, I saw this thread and thought I'd give it a shot.

If this doesn't work then yes I'll create my own thread.

Carter
 
The TFM-15cb relay is Guardian Electric 1335 series, 12VDC coil, 5A 120VAC contacts, PC mount. Connections and pin layout are in the datasheet linked from here.
Relay is not available anywhere that I found, though.

Note this is TFM-15cb, the regular TFM-15 may be different.
tfm-15cb relay.jpg
 
I just checked and yes that is exactly what is installed in my amp.

Now to find a substitute.

Carter
 
They don't appear to be a current product, have a look on ebay, there are some listed - probably your best bet. Failing that you'll have to accept wiring a similar relay (like G5V2) to the PCB with short wire links. :)

@Hyperion, @mech986. Thanks for your suggestion. I actually bought a G5V-2 but it did not work. After some checking I bought a 24VDC type whereas the original is 12VDC. So I will give it another try after I get a 12VDC version. Thanks.

G5V-2 form factor matches exactly.
 
just checked and yes that is exactly what is installed in my amp.

Now to find a substitute.

Carter
audiotemp linked a site that has the data sheet. They also have some in stock. I'm not seeing any similar Omron relays. Maybe you could email them. Otherwise you may need to adapt something else to fit.
 
audiotemp linked a site that has the data sheet. They also have some in stock. I'm not seeing any similar Omron relays. Maybe you could email them. Otherwise you may need to adapt something else to fit.

Yikes, they want a lot for them though. I actually just found some on the bay for $10 each and ordered two.
 
I own a Marantz 2285 (1977) limited model and would like to source the 6 Blade Type MJ2 24VDC relay. I bought a kit from an online store for this model of receiver and got an OMRON LY2-0 48VDC made in indonesia. Can you point out which is the one i need and which other parts will i need to buy for a complete restoration of this receiver. It sounds nice with Good punch as a receiver but when you change to the Phono to play vinyl récords it looses that clarity and punch.
 
https://www.digikey.com/en/products.../252218?s=N4IgTCBcDaILIE0wFoAMKAiBhMAWEAugL5A
Type MJ2 24VDC relay. I bought a kit from an online store for this model of receiver and got an OMRON LY2-0 48VDC made in indonesia.

LY2-0-48VDC is the wrong relay !

Need a MY2-02-DC24 .. This time cut off the right pins...
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...-relay-and-other-issues.942395/#post-14427597

A 48volt relay will not work with 24volt power. LY is the wrong coil pin foot print.
 
Last edited:
Just bought a Pioneer SA-7300 which seems to have an Omron MY4-02-US-24DC (as per markings on the top of the cover). I can't find any spec sheets for the "US" version. Could this be replaced with a standard MY4-02-24DC?
 
Just bought a Pioneer SA-7300 which seems to have an Omron MY4-02-US-24DC (as per markings on the top of the cover). I can't find any spec sheets for the "US" version. Could this be replaced with a standard MY4-02-24DC?
Yes
 
Back
Top Bottom