• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

One year later... My audio odyssey

Very nice Gary, that is going to look great especially with a straight-up finish like tung-oil.

Going to be a damn nice amp Nate.
 
One coat of tung oil and the grain really popped.

Now we just need to find Nate a cool volume knob for the front.
 
You don't think my Radio Shack el crapola cheapo number is going to cut it, huh Gary?

Seeking something nice that will fit a 1/4" Alps shaft. Suggestions, fellas?
 
This is a great thread, Redboy. I really admire your drive and determination. That amp project is just too beautiful for words, you must be super proud. And that case is stunning!

The photo journey was marvelous. Keep up the good work, you are an asset to AK, my man!
 
I like to think I'm in heaven as I stand in hell.


My Coral's pound tunes as my JBL's look on; helpless and fragile....







Damn I need to refoam my damn woofers....



:)


Great thread Redboy; I'm still in the driveway of the road of audio in front of me!!!


:)


Matt
 
Matt, you just need to get in there and refoam those things! Refoaming is easy... except on some JBL drivers, I've heard. :sigh:

Here's a shot of the Frankenspeakers thus far... pictures don't really show the different drivers, modded crossovers, and the hours of sanding I put into the cabs. They're still a work in progress, but one day they'll be fine tuned, stained, painted, and proudly blaring sweet tunes in my listening room!

IMG_6851.jpg
 
You don't think my Radio Shack el crapola cheapo number is going to cut it, huh Gary?

Seeking something nice that will fit a 1/4" Alps shaft. Suggestions, fellas?

how 'bout a vintage chicken head knob ? one of my favorites . . . lemme know fi ya need one :thmbsp:
 
My first stereo system (1978, 10th grade):

Pioneer SX 580 Receiver
Pioneer HPM 60s
Midlevel Pioneer turntable

Now:(Obviously, nothing stunning, but economical and fun)

System 1:
HK 430 reciever
KLH Model 17s
Axiom Mti 22s
1990s Technics 5 disc cd changer

System 2:
HK 3380 reciever
JBL L100(A) Centurys
Pioneer HPM 60s

Still love to rock-out at age 45
 
Nope. Sylvania 6EM7 drivers and Sovtek power tubes, which have since been replaced by RCAs.

The finished amp:

IMG_6923.jpg
 
The SX-780 was my first piece of real audio equipment I bought it new around 1979! I sold it to my best friend a couple of years later and he still has it!
 
Back
Top Bottom