• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Onkyo M-5030 keeps blowing

Wow okay you're good, I did not know that's what they were for. That takes care of that issue, but it's still not powering on, the bulb on the DBT is still bright.
Uh yikes. What did you think they were for?

You still have a short (or multiple). Find them.

Did you put NPN and PNP's in the right spots? Anything blow up downstream?
 
What did you think they were for?

Thermal pads or some sort of thermal conductor? I'm still very new to this sorry, trying my best to learn.

Did you put NPN and PNP's in the right spots? Anything blow up downstream?

I did check with the data sheets and the service manual but I'll double check again tomorrow, I wasn't able to get to the amp today. As far as stuff blowing up, the main fuses kept blowing before I built a DBT, currently nothing else has been blowing up.
 
Back
Top Bottom